The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7pm Jan 16 2019

xereau

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It's Community. One of the absolute best sitcoms of all time. 

Coolcoolcool.

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

Nice

You sold me, I'll check it out

Do it, do it now, whatever it takes.   First three seasons are awesome.

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

So is there anything on the line tonight??

The games in hand have now disappeared and a wildcard playoff spot is still there to be had!

We have to get Petey back in the lineup and keep him there!

DxAviucWsAUHRCc.jpg

After that long losing streak... all the injuries... EP40 out again... amazing to think the team is still close.  Hughes could be here in April?  Any other prospects we can bring in?  Assuming we are within striking distance in 2 months.

8 minutes ago, gameburn said:

After that long losing streak... all the injuries... EP40 out again... amazing to think the team is still close.  Hughes could be here in April?  Any other prospects we can bring in?  Assuming we are within striking distance in 2 months.

I'm certain Gaudette will be back up. Long shot would be Dahlen, or MacEwen for some grit. 

3 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I'm certain Gaudette will be back up. Long shot would be Dahlen, or MacEwen for some grit. 

Gaudette seems to benefit from AHL time.  He looked quicker and more focused the last call up.  Dark horse top 10 player in a playoff run.  Seems to draw penalties, play heavy. 

MacEwen is interesting... don't know what he is capable of, but I hear he plays a different style of game than anyone we have on the roster now.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

mm is a freakin loser

If he had just taken his lumps the last game; or maybe apologized, maybe been a bit more honest about the incident, then it would have been over with.  I think he wears this for a good long while -- especially if Pettersson becomes the league-wide star we think he will be.  

I see Gudbranson putting a licking on him somewhere down the road... of course he'd have to accept the challenge, which he doesn't seem to want to do.

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I have a feeling this kid is gonna have a decent number of battle scars in the end. I wish they would try some heavy wingers again with apon his re arrival. Leave boeser with bo and baer, Put Leivo up on left and JV-Tuna on right. Give them 2 games to get jelly. Let those 2 big boys be the wheels working the corners. Jake is great for speed going up the wing he might find some breakaways.. Josh Leivo is good down low Petey might find some space with the two big guys working low maybe he can make magic with our D men in the slot. I just see the other guys on our team as pure bottom 6. 

Beagle, Sutter, Erickson(80%) of games, Granlund, Shaller(ish), Ruus, Motte. All great defense checking line etc.. Etc. Tired of seeing Bo and Petey with floaters... Jakes worked hard all year cold in the goal depot same with J Leivo but at least the kid would have some speed muscle and effort on his line. Loui E is alright for Petey but way too many perimeter shots. Half the time that guy shoots its like he is tired and wants the goalie to freeze the play so someone else can come out and have the ozone f/o.. Safe play but Petey doesnt need the safe play.. Petey needs a guy he can give the puck drive the net and get the puck back to him so he can actually hit the net.. Something the Canucks have forgotten nefore that Florida game for the last 12 games or so. Id love to see Bo Petey and Boeser out if we are down a goal pnce in a while kinda how Chicago used to load up against us putting Toews and Kane Hossa and Keith put all at once. 

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

Seems reasonable. Jimbo was pretty giddy about the pick, way more excited than he was after drafting Joulevi.

I'd like to hear JB asked the question at some point.

Very much so. I think Benning was almost disappointed as I think he was hoping for PLD. Columbus selecting him 3rd pretty much threw off the entire 1st round that year.

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

Hahahahaha. That is funny. Matheson forged a horrible reputation now, after not answering the bell against the Canucks.

I'm enjoying the change in Vancouver's reputation too. They're becoming a team that other teams don't look forward to playing, and with the collective effort and physical edge they demonstrated on Sunday, they dispelled the idea that they're a soft team that rolls over when threatened.

19 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Very much so. I think Benning was almost disappointed as I think he was hoping for PLD. Columbus selecting him 3rd pretty much threw off the entire 1st round that year.

Oh that's right. PLD had quite the fan base on CDC. I know I was on board.

You just never know eh.

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahahahaha. That is funny. Matheson forged a horrible reputation now, after not answering the bell against the Canucks.

I'm enjoying the change in Vancouver's reputation too. They're becoming a team that other teams don't look forward to playing, and with the collective effort and physical edge they demonstrated on Sunday, they dispelled the idea that they're a soft team that rolls over when threatened.

Obey the code!

a 30 second fight and a few bruises and it would be over. Instead it will follow him around forever.

243B9CD7-63B6-4B8B-810E-E1F5EB1D7B90.jpeg

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

"a league wide joke". Ouch. 

I think tonights game is going to be a physical one, so I don't mind Schaller in over Goldy if he can bring some grit. Put Baer, Bo and Boeser together and it will be a battle of 1 line teams and we edge them in the depth department.  

7 hours ago, Qwags said:

Him and Bo are great friends from their Junior days. I’m sure they had a chat in between their games with Matheson and agreed how much of a kitty he really is. Good on Domi for calling him out on his actions... or the lack there/of. 

Archived