The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7pm Jan 16 2019

xereau

Hoping for a return for EP, as The Oilers are probably a good team for him to try and get that first game back against, but if he needs another day of rest, it's nice we are playing the Oilers and not Tampa or something. It's somewhat of a win-win. Not to put down EDM, though, it still won't be easy. JUST WIN! PLEAAASEE!

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"a league wide joke". Ouch. 

A well-earned reputation.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think tonights game is going to be a physical one, so I don't mind Schaller in over Goldy if he can bring some grit. Put Baer, Bo and Boeser together and it will be a battle of 1 line teams and we edge them in the depth department.  

It should be a solid hockey game.

At the game tonight, taking my girlfriend and brother to their first ever games! Sitting section 321 row 1, good view of the ice for them.

last time I seen the oilers was a 6-1 thrashing in 2011, my best ever game I’ve been to. GCG!!

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I have a feeling this kid is gonna have a decent number of battle scars in the end. I wish they would try some heavy wingers again with apon his re arrival. Leave boeser with bo and baer, Put Leivo up on left and JV-Tuna on right. Give them 2 games to get jelly. Let those 2 big boys be the wheels working the corners. Jake is great for speed going up the wing he might find some breakaways.. Josh Leivo is good down low Petey might find some space with the two big guys working low maybe he can make magic with our D men in the slot. I just see the other guys on our team as pure bottom 6. 

Beagle, Sutter, Erickson(80%) of games, Granlund, Shaller(ish), Ruus, Motte. All great defense checking line etc.. Etc. Tired of seeing Bo and Petey with floaters... Jakes worked hard all year cold in the goal depot same with J Leivo but at least the kid would have some speed muscle and effort on his line. Loui E is alright for Petey but way too many perimeter shots. Half the time that guy shoots its like he is tired and wants the goalie to freeze the play so someone else can come out and have the ozone f/o.. Safe play but Petey doesnt need the safe play.. Petey needs a guy he can give the puck drive the net and get the puck back to him so he can actually hit the net.. Something the Canucks have forgotten nefore that Florida game for the last 12 games or so. Id love to see Bo Petey and Boeser out if we are down a goal pnce in a while kinda how Chicago used to load up against us putting Toews and Kane Hossa and Keith put all at once. 

Yes, finding the right players for Pettersson is going to be a long-term challenge.  I mean, he makes everyone better, but who is going to make him better?  I think you are right about getting a give and go player that will hold and hold puck when beneficial.  Baertschi but bigger and meaner?  Virtanen maybe?  Boeser has been the best match so far, but they need a Maroon/Lucic type, maybe.  

43 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

Hoping for a return for EP, as The Oilers are probably a good team for him to try and get that first game back against, but if he needs another day of rest, it's nice we are playing the Oilers and not Tampa or something. It's somewhat of a win-win. Not to put down EDM, though, it still won't be easy. JUST WIN! PLEAAASEE!

On paper, given draft picks etc., and on the basis of the last game, we should probably lose.   But I think you are right: we win tonight -- Oilers not as good on the road as we are at home.

Archived