The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7pm Jan 16 2019

xereau

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Seems reasonable. Jimbo was pretty giddy about the pick, way more excited than he was after drafting Joulevi.

I'd like to hear JB asked the question at some point.

That pick and the subsequent meltdown is what convinced me how much smarter JB is than CDC's collective wisdom.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Not a fan of benching Goldy.

Just win.

Players can accept that someone is having a bad game but not sure they like when a teammate doesn't give his all for the team.   You can't fool the room and players know if guys are giving their maximum effort or not.

I like Goldy, but we have given him plenty of chances and have been patient with him to prove himself.

It’s the glaring inconsistency in his game that is putting him in the doghouse. He shows flashes of his potential but then goes back to not moving his feet, taking lazy penalties and getting burned in the defensive zone on a regular basis. 

My patience has nearly run its course with Goldy which is unfortunate. I can see a trade coming very soon.

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh boy do I ever look forward to draft day on CDC. The tantrums are priceless.

As if anyone on these forums knows what any of the 18 year old they saw 1 stat sheet on and a Youtube highlight reel on, will actually turn into.  As if anyone that's a professional scout even does.  Its the lottery.

11 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I like Goldy, but we have given him plenty of chances and have been patient with him to prove himself.

It’s the glaring inconsistency in his game that is putting him in the doghouse. He shows flashes of his potential but then goes back to not moving his feet, taking lazy penalties and getting burned in the defensive zone on a regular basis. 

My patience has nearly run its course with Goldy which is unfortunate. I can see a trade coming very soon.

Its sad to see because he is such a gifted hockey player. If I had seen just a little improvement in what he needs to work on I would say keep him and let him develop like Jake did. He just seems for most of a game to not really care and doesn't have that burning desire to score or win the game. I am afraid he would be one of those who disappear in the playoffs once the checking got a lot tighter.

You look at the difference in his effort most nights compared to EP's, its not even close. You would think that the desire to become a regular NHLer would drive him to perform every night and every shift. I guess some players are just wired differently I guess.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

That pick and the subsequent meltdown is what convinced me how much smarter JB is than CDC's collective wisdom.

I dunno, there were a few people frustrated but overall Canuck fans surprised me after that pick haha. Generally I would consider it a warm welcome by Canuck standards lol.

The juolevi pick almost started riots again.

Coach Green has to be sharp following Edmonton's big scoring outburst last game without Connie leading the way.

They are coming in feeling good about themselves with secondatry scoring and finally some goaltending to support it!

20 minutes ago, 6string said:

Coach Green has to be sharp following Edmonton's big scoring outburst last game without Connie leading the way.

They are coming in feeling good about themselves with secondatry scoring and finally some goaltending to support it!

Its still the Oilers!

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. That tweet about cutting losses with Guddy is just plain dumb. 

well to be fair theres been plenty of people on here saying the samething untill the game against the panthers, it is plain dumb.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Probably:

1. Hischier
  2. Makar
  3. EP40.

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Seems reasonable. Jimbo was pretty giddy about the pick, way more excited than he was after drafting Joulevi.

I'd like to hear JB asked the question at some point.

JB was asked a few times who he had at #1 and where he had EP. (GMs are always asked questions like that and almost never give an answer unless it is completely obvious (like, we had McDavid at #1).

However, I remember forming the impression that Heffy's order is what Benning had in mind. Here is one quote from the Vancouver Province::

"Benning said this: 'Any time you can get a high-end offensive defenceman in today’s game who drives the play for your team, that’s something we’re going to look at'.

After the first round he added this if Makar had been available: 'That would have been a hard decision. with his mobility, but we kind of had a feeling that both defencemen (Miro Heiskanen at No. 3 to Dallas and Makar at No. 4 to Colorado) would be gone. We were checking out a couple of guys and Pettersson was the one we wanted.”

Thinking of EP, I hope his knee is feeling 100% but I kind of hope he does not play. I definitely favor being cautious with EP and err on side of giving him more time to heal. Players often come back before they are 100%, and that might make sense in some situations. But I don't think this is one of them.

Archived