Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Micheal Ferland

Recommended Posts

Bring in Ferland...

 

Than hire on Juice to do commentary so he can be the new version of Don Cherry and name mispronunciations. 

 

"oh yeah that Canadian kid Mikkael Ferklund, tough SOB"

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Eriksson, Sutter, or a comparative salary is being moved out, I'm not overly interested.

 

I like the player but I don't think we should be adding another player that's going to command term and money when we have Boeser and Petey to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Unless Eriksson, Sutter, or a comparative salary is being moved out, I'm not overly interested.

 

I like the player but I don't think we should be adding another player that's going to command term and money when we have Boeser and Petey to worry about.

Cap is not remotely a problem. Only thing this would mean is likely an end to possibly chasing $9-10m Karlsson.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Unless Eriksson, Sutter, or a comparative salary is being moved out, I'm not overly interested.

 

I like the player but I don't think we should be adding another player that's going to command term and money when we have Boeser and Petey to worry about.

But we don't have to worry about Boeser or Petey if we have him to watch out for them.  :)

(I love taking quotes out of context)

Edited by dm_ranger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Cap is not remotely a problem. Only thing this would mean is likely an end to possibly chasing $9-10m Karlsson.

Which would be a bad idea in the first place if I'm being honest.

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Which would be a bad idea in the first place if I'm being honest.

Yeah, why would any team want to add arguably the best D in the world to their roster? :rolleyes:

 

Either way, you should be thrilled with trading for Ferland then, he'd likely make that move an impossibility!

  • Hydration 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

I wouldnt mind Ferland, He would be that "tough guy" we need to protect our young guns..

meh, you give Guds the immunity idol (letting him charge other team players without getting a penalty like Ferland was given the immunity idol in our playoff series with him) and the other team would run out of players to come off the bench.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is, with EDM, CAR would probably need to take Lucic back in a trade.

 

I could see him in a Bruins uniform.

 

Would love to have him here though. Make CGY pay every time we play them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, why would any team want to add arguably the best D in the world to their roster? :rolleyes:

 

Either way, you should be thrilled with trading for Ferland then, he'd likely make that move an impossibility!

For the term and money it would cost, as well factoring in his his age, it is not sensible for the current Canucks team to do, IMO.

 

Ferland wouldn't get nearly as much or get the term but its moot anyway because I was referring to money tied up on forwards in my original post and not defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess is, with EDM, CAR would probably need to take Lucic back in a trade.

 

I could see him in a Bruins uniform.

 

Would love to have him here though. Make CGY pay every time we play them.

 

Edmonton might offer something like Lucic, yamamoto, and a first 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Van is seriously interested I could see them going after him soon. Pending EP40s return. He would be great to have for these games where points and a healthy Petey should be priorities. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be opposed to adding Ferland but, as usual, the issue is the cost.  Ferland has had a pretty good season and is showing that he is an effective compliment to skilled players.  He could be well suited to play LW with Petey and Boeser.  My guess is the cost will be high though, and I'm not sure the Canucks would be much better off if they have to pay a high price to acquire him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.