The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Micheal Ferland

1 hour ago, Captain Azzy said:

Luckily for this conversation, the Canes wouldn't take Jake straight up for Ferland either :lol:

yeah, i hope we wouldnt do that either, considering he's most likely going to Hit free agency at the end of the year.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:37 PM, Pete M said:

idk, I still want him to play with some playmakers, so I'm not ready to part with him yet...he needs to be played more; same as Goldy. 

It's hard watching the likes of Sutter, Granlund,  LE and others being played more with no results....what's Sutter now -12 down from -8 after coming back from injury.

I'd play Jake and Goldy regular minutes with PP time to the end of the season and would sit Granlund, Schaller, LE, Motte and others so that those two can play....give both of them more minutes to see what we have, then next year make the decision whether to cut bait or keep fishing.

...I would not do Ferland straight up for Jake because Ferland is injury prone and I've witnessed him sputter with the Flames playing with Gaudreau and Monahan...stay well clear of Ferland.

...if it is known that Tryamkin is coming back, I would not necessarily trade Jake for a dman

...possibly a trade for a player that EP40 might have chemistry with such as Lias Anderson (NYR) or Andre Burakovsky (Wash 6'2" 201 Ibs)...

I'd build my team around EP40...Ferland is big tough and can produce on the score sheet and I guy to protect EP40, but he is injury prone. Injury prone is the reason, I would stay away from him. A player that could have chemistry with EP40 is what I would be looking for if they are looking to trade Jake.

what about Poolparty straight up....gives both of them a fresh start?

what would you want for him??

Im not trading Jake unless we get a right shot blue chip defender back. 

23 hours ago, Provost said:

You are on fire with the ridiculous posts today!

I wish I had your job that lets you drink so early in the day.

Which of the two, Jake or Ferland, is the more responsible defensively?  Clearly it's Jake.  Jake also skates way better than Ferland, and has better skills.  Ferland fights better.  I would rather have Jake, because Jake is the more complete player.  

As good as this seems on paper, you only pick up a guy like Ferland when you're making a run. It's going to cost too many picks or prospects to get him. Jim Benning so far has proven to be a solid GM at the draft table, and I'd rather he play to his strengths than throw away a possible future superstar for a pricey pending UFA. 

JB has said he won't trade our future.  So no, we won't be trading for Ferland unless we can get him for subpar players like goldy and pouliot.  And that won't happen as other teams will offer much better players.

I would be ok trying to sign him for free in the summer though.

2 hours ago, surfer53 said:

As good as this seems on paper, you only pick up a guy like Ferland when you're making a run. It's going to cost too many picks or prospects to get him. Jim Benning so far has proven to be a solid GM at the draft table, and I'd rather he play to his strengths than throw away a possible future superstar for a pricey pending UFA. 

I have to agree with this. People focus so much on getting these players to protect our other players, but as soon as we pick one up and they don't protect our other players, we go to the next player who we "should sign" to protect our players.... whom ultimately doesn't protect our players.

It's almost as if these players are COACHED to WIN GAMES! ;)

..just for comparison, looking at stats (keep in mind, Ferland played on the top line (often) and more minutes on both teams, compared to Jake}

2018/2019Capture.PNG.a2b71336142d53f04306cb169245f2a5.PNG

2017/2018Capture1.PNG.6628176fa7efeecd038e37a5944e0fe4.PNG

vs Jake

2018/2019Capture2.PNG.b49ec5e9ee6c2ad5c0ab49f8cd1edc66.PNG2017/2018Capture3.PNG.69bea96654e49818429dd0af27b51999.PNG

Jake is improving compared to last year (playing on the 3rd and 4th lines...)

Ferland stats are ~0.6/ game (usually on the 1st and 2nd lines) when healthy...not bad, but it's a hard pass... imo

17 minutes ago, Pete M said:

..just for comparison, looking at stats (keep in mind, Ferland played on the top line (often) and more minutes on both teams, compared to Jake}

2018/2019Capture.PNG.a2b71336142d53f04306cb169245f2a5.PNG

2017/2018Capture1.PNG.6628176fa7efeecd038e37a5944e0fe4.PNG

vs Jake

2018/2019Capture2.PNG.b49ec5e9ee6c2ad5c0ab49f8cd1edc66.PNG2017/2018Capture3.PNG.69bea96654e49818429dd0af27b51999.PNG

Jake is improving compared to last year (playing on the 3rd and 4th lines...)

Ferland stats are ~0.6/ game (usually on the 1st and 2nd lines) when healthy...not bad, but it's a hard pass... imo

If we can get Ferland for relatively cheap then yea go for it but he’s not worth multiple picks and/or prospects. Might as well go after Panarin if we’re giving up a boat load for someone. 

Archived