The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Micheal Ferland

Ferland will be 27 when next season starts. Just entering his prime. Canucks desperately need a #1LW to play on Pettersson's line. Pettersson has only played 38 NHL games and yet he's been targeted and injured twice already. Ferland may want $5+, but so what? Do people expect the Canucks to pay their top line guys peanuts?

Why wouldn't they go after him?

Yes, please. This is a guy worth burning cap on for term. Granlund, Sutter, Goldobin and Del Zotto are the odd men out. 2020 first rounder should be available too.

Granlund, Sutter and 2020 1st rounder for Ferland. Resign for 5 years at 5.5 million.

Goldy, Del Zotto to Washington for Bowie. (might take a late pick too)

Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Beartschi, Horvat, Lievo

Roussel, Gaudette, Virtanen

Motte, Beagle, Eriksson 

MacEwen

Edler, Tanev

Hughes, Gudbranson

Hutton, Bowie

Biega

Marky 

Demko

Good chance to make playoffs with this group.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Ferland, but he's really not worth a whole heck of a lot.  He's a coming UFA, and that really drops his value.  It's not like a team wants him just as a rental.  I would be willing to offer Baer straight up.  That's my final offer.  

Goldy?

I'd pass... I don't know how effective he'll be playing his former team 5 times a year in a Canuck uni.  He would be a good fit since we're trying to add grit in the top 6 but i feel like he wont be worth what we're gonna give up for him (Virtanen +).

I wish JB would target Josh Anderson from Columbus. 

4 minutes ago, Screw said:

Goldy?

Which would you rather have if you were the Canes, Baer or Goldy?  Goldy is cheaper and more skilled, with lots of upside still.  Baer is signed to a good dollar for 2 more years, and is a proven top six scorer, and hard working 200 foot player.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which would you rather have if you were the Canes, Baer or Goldy?  Goldy is cheaper and more skilled, with lots of upside still.  Baer is signed to a good dollar for 2 more years, and is a proven top six scorer, and hard working 200 foot player.  

Probably go for Goldy and hope he puts it together.

9 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Yes, please. This is a guy worth burning cap on for term. Granlund, Sutter, Goldobin and Del Zotto are the odd men out. 2020 first rounder should be available too.

Granlund, Sutter and 2020 1st rounder for Ferland. Resign for 5 years at 5.5 million.

Goldy, Del Zotto to Washington for Bowie. (might take a late pick too)

Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Beartschi, Horvat, Lievo

Roussel, Gaudette, Virtanen

Motte, Beagle, Eriksson 

MacEwen

Edler, Tanev

Hughes, Gudbranson

Hutton, Bowie

Biega

Marky 

Demko

Good chance to make playoffs with this group.

I'm sorry, are we talking about micheal ferland? a first round pick? PLUS sutter, who could probably almost get a first rounder in return himself? PLUS granlund, a serviceable bottom 6 forward who could probably return a 3rd round pick?

yikes. 

Just now, tas said:

I'm sorry, are we talking about micheal ferland? a first round pick? PLUS sutter, who could probably almost get a first rounder in return himself? PLUS granlund, a serviceable bottom 6 forward who could probably return a 3rd round pick?

yikes. 

Agreed.  I want Ferland but that is overpriced

1 minute ago, tas said:

yikes. 

No way Sutter gets a first rounder. Not a chance. Besides, his salary is not very attractive. A serviceable bottom six is good for a late 3rd rounder or second tier prospect. The first rounder we trade would have to be conditional on Ferland resigning. You don't get a tough, big, young top six point producer for nothing. What would you say is fair? A Ballard, Raymond and second rounder type of thing?

2 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

No way Sutter gets a first rounder. Not a chance. Besides, his salary is not very attractive. A serviceable bottom six is good for a late 3rd rounder or second tier prospect. The first rounder we trade would have to be conditional on Ferland resigning. You don't get a tough, big, young top six point producer for nothing. What would you say is fair? A Ballard, Raymond and second rounder type of thing?

if any gm in the league is stupid enough to cough up even 2/3 of a package like that for ferland, I'll buy you a steak. 

2 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Cool. I'll hold you to that. I'll even say a contender will cough up a first rounder to get him as a rental and let him walk.

Would the Canes trade Ferland for a late first though?  I wonder if they will make a push to sign him before the TDL, and trade him if they can't extend him?

3 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Cool. I'll hold you to that. I'll even say a contender will cough up a first rounder to get him as a rental and let him walk.

but that's not what you said. you said a first rounder, a versatile, workhorse, middle six, right shot center, plus a versatile, responsible bottom six winger that can fill in at center when necessary. 

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

yes but we have been waiting for 4 years for him to do that, Virtanen does not intimidate anyone

what does Carolina need?

Dahlen, Dipietro, Gadjovich for a signed ferland

I think they'll want a roster player as part of the package.

Baer/Granny/Goldie + Gadj + 2nd for a signed Ferland?

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I think they'll want a roster player as part of the package.

Baer/Granny/Goldie + Gadj + 2nd for a signed Ferland?

I'd do that for an unsigned Ferland.  Then play Ferland with Petey, and he will want to extend.  

Archived