The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nathan Beaulieu requests trade

Just now, Provost said:

You generally have to take a contract back in a deal like that.

Unless it ends this year also, the Sabres would just let his expire this summer.  They need to clear room for future contracts.  Skinner, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, etc.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Unless it ends this year also, the Sabres would just let his expire this summer.  They need to clear room for future contracts.  Skinner, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, etc.

2 things

Do you see anyone on the Canucks,with an expiring deal, you would want in a Beaulieu trade?

Is Jeff Skinner going to be young enough to be  viable part of Buffalo's cup contending era?

1 minute ago, gurn said:

2 things

Do you see anyone on the Canucks,with an expiring deal, you would want in a Beaulieu trade?

Anything better than what the Sabres already have?  No.

Is Jeff Skinner going to be young enough to be  viable part of Buffalo's cup contending era?

Good question.  I've been wondering that myself.  It's why I'd rather the Sabres only sign him to a 6 year contract.

26 minutes ago, A Skylit Drive said:

Definitely if I was GMJB I’d be calling it wouldn’t cost much to get him he was really good in MTL not sure what went on this last year with him change of scenery might help 

Montreal only got a 3rd round pick for him.  He was called out by Bergevin just before they traded him.  

Did he grow up?  His on ice performance was disappointing but his off-ice behaviour was probably the biggest issue for Montreal.  

Just now, mll said:

Montreal only got a 3rd round pick for him.  He was called out by Bergevin just before they traded him.  

Did he grow up?  His on ice performance was disappointing but his off-ice behaviour was probably the biggest issue for Montreal.  

He hasn't gotten arrested since that time in 2013 in Ontario.  Other than that, he's just been under-performing.  The Sabres overpaid for him hoping that they could turn his on-ice performance around.  It didn't happen.

The more that I think about it, he'd be a decent band-aid solution for the Canucks and their outside chance at the playoffs.  He's cheap and his style is likely more suited to Green's slower paced system than the system's employed by the Sabres and Canadiens.

He has a million left this year which the Canucks can easily absorb.

Archived