The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] MDZ to Ducks for Schenn & 7th round pick

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Stone probably gets between 8-8.5 

You think? Not sure he reaches 8 mill but GMs do lose their mind on free agency day. 

He's a 50  point 20 goal guy. 

He's in his contract year so hes having a great year. Plays well both ends of ice. 

LE scored 30 plus in BOS in his UFA year as well. Most players have great years in UFA year. 

I say 7 max but we'll see. Hope JB stays away from bidding. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

You think? Not sure he reaches 8 mill but GMs do lose their mind on free agency day. 

He's in his contract year so hes having a great year. Plays well both ends of ice. 

LE scored 30 plus in BOS in his UFA year as well. Most players have great years in UFA year. 

Keep in mind there are 30 other GMs with varying amounts of cap space that figure by the time they(the GMs) have to pay for the consequences of the contract they won't be with their respective teams anymore. There are some bat$&!# crazy GMs out there that will overpay like crazy. Think of Chiarelli, Waddell, Bergevin, etc. who sign these contracts impulsively and worry about the consequences later. 

I like cap drop An did like scheme in Philly . He is at a crossroads in his career. He has possibly an modest upside ?

i like him more than player we gave up . He loses 15-22 lbs will impact his skating in improving that aspect . Any more quicker an gritty on back end helps even incremental improvement is big for current D

18 hours ago, coryberg said:

Now that we are getting technical teams can dress 14 forwards and 4 dmen if they choose.

Fact of the matter is 99.9% of the time teams dress 12 forwards and 6 dmen... I assumed you knew that, my bad.

Lol I never claimed anything like you did though, but keep throwing numbers out there I guess if it makes you feel better :unsure:, you could of just said originally yeah that's true sometimes they do, but instead your panties got to tight by the looks of it, and wanted to have an argument, typical for CDC though.

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Mark Stone has played 48 games this year and already has 22 goals and 50 points. He has had a few seasons over 60 points and last year had 62 points in 58 games. You are wrong by saying he is only a 50 point 20 goal guy.

He will get a minimum of 8 million per season. As a UFA he will probably get 9 million per as we all know how crazy GMs go in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Mark Stone has played 48 games this year and already has 22 goals and 50 points. He has had a few seasons over 60 points and last year had 62 points in 58 games. You are wrong by saying he is only a 50 point 20 goal guy.

He will get a minimum of 8 million per season. As a UFA he will probably get 9 million per as we all know how crazy GMs go in the summer.

I know the Sens are talking to him but he would be crazy to sign. His season will get lots of offers as a UFA. Who knows what really happened in Ottawa last year but I doubt it spawned a lot of 'warm & fuzzies' for the ownership or the group in the dressing room. All this said I cannot see why Stone would want to sign in Vancouver with the timeline this group has. He likely wants a CUP contender not a rebuild.  

34 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You didn't read and internalize  my entire post. 

16 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

There is absolutely no way Stone gets less than 8.  He is probably going to get 8.5-9.  Maybe somehow he signs a hometown discount for 7.5, but I would be really, really shocked if he signs for anything less.  If I were him I would wait for July 1st to see what's on the table.  It's going to be big.

He is the engine that makes Ottawa go.  He pushes the play, drives the bus, and is a locker-room leader.

He will be highly, highly sought-after this summer, I can guarantee you that.

1 hour ago, Jai604 said:

There is absolutely no way Stone gets less than 8.  He is probably going to get 8.5-9.  Maybe somehow he signs a hometown discount for 7.5, but I would be really, really shocked if he signs for anything less.  If I were him I would wait for July 1st to see what's on the table.  It's going to be big.

He is the engine that makes Ottawa go.  He pushes the play, drives the bus, and is a locker-room leader.

He will be highly, highly sought-after this summer, I can guarantee you that.

I hear you. 

But a 50 point guy 8 mill plus i would stay from. 

Edit

At 8 mill plus  price tag. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

You didn't read and internalize  my entire post. 

Yeah....I don't "internalize" posts....whatever that is even supposed to mean lmao.  :wacko:

in·ter·nal·ize
/inˈtərnlˌīz/
verb

1. 1.
    PSYCHOLOGY
    make (attitudes or behavior) part of one's nature by learning or unconscious assimilation.
    "people learn gender stereotypes and internalize them"
    •  
  2. 2.
    ECONOMICS
    incorporate (costs) as part of a pricing structure, especially social costs resulting from the manufacture and use of a product.
    "industry must internalize the cost of disposal"

51 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah....I don't "internalize" posts....whatever that is even supposed to mean lmao.  :wacko:

in·ter·nal·ize
/inˈtərnlˌīz/
verb

1. 1.
    PSYCHOLOGY
    make (attitudes or behavior) part of one's nature by learning or unconscious assimilation.
    "people learn gender stereotypes and internalize them"
    •  
  2. 2.
    ECONOMICS
    incorporate (costs) as part of a pricing structure, especially social costs resulting from the manufacture and use of a product.
    "industry must internalize the cost of disposal"

Im Not looking for an argument homie. Just talking hockey on a board. 

Enjoy your day. 

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yup. He's averaged 0.84 points per game in his career. Def not a 50 point player. Stone will cash in come July.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, bad alice french said:

Probably. Lol. I’m a bit of a defender of the faith when it comes to techno. Largely misunderstood genre as you probably know. 

I do! I am a house/nu disco/electro funk (Etc etc etc) DJ with a couple of monthly residencies in LA as a matter of fact... so even the word techno bothers me. That whole segment had me :picard: 

Archived