The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Tanner Kero

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Ya this one's odd. If it was horvat related I'm sure gaudette would get the call. Maybe another trade in the works? 

That's what I was thinking - Gaudette could slide right back into his previous role if Horvat was injured and Sutter could take over Bo's duties in the mean time. I just don't get the timing of this call up.

Edit: Twitter is saying it is precautionary call up in case Horvat cannot go after some heavy hits in the game last night.

The Comets and the Marlies played a week ago yesterday and the game was on  TV. Tanner Kero was a name mentioned several times during play by play. To me, he was the most noticeable Comet that game. Marlies doubled the Comet 6-3, but it was still entertaining hockey.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With the TDL fast approaching, maybe we are seeing what we have in Kero?  Could he play a Goldy role up here?

Report: Tanner Kero has been recalled by the Canucks, and sent straight to the dog house.

35 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Everybody saying why not call up Gaudette?

Other guys deserve a shot too. Kero has NHL games under his belt and has easily been one of Utica's top 3 forwards so far this year.

Gaudette knows the system better having played for the canucks virtually all year. Made more sense to me seeing that we're in a tight playoff raceand every game is crucial.

If I'm not mistaken and if Horvat is healthy for Friday, all the Canucks need to do to meet the 23-man limit is to designate Kero for waivers and assignment to the Comets the next day.  This is a good precautionary measure if Horvat is banged up, gives the Canucks options since Utica to Vancouver is a long way to go, and perhaps shows Kero that his good play is valued and appreciated.  Hoping that Horvat is not hurt.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If I'm not mistaken and if Horvat is healthy for Friday, all the Canucks need to do to meet the 23-man limit is to designate Kero for waivers and assignment to the Comets the next day.  This is a good precautionary measure if Horvat is banged up, gives the Canucks options since Utica to Vancouver is a long way to go, and perhaps shows Kero that his good play is valued and appreciated.  Hoping that Horvat is not hurt.

Kero doesn't require waivers so they can just assign him.

44 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Gaudette knows the system better having played for the canucks virtually all year. Made more sense to me seeing that we're in a tight playoff raceand every game is crucial.

Kero has been with Utica all year and plays the same system. 

Archived