The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Tanner Kero

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

6. Guardian might be right about the Utica vets, although I think this is unlikely to be a significant consideration. Utica can play at most 5 non-goalie vets (> 320 games in the NHL, AHL or European elite leagues) on any given night and one more guy between 260 and 320 games. Every one else has to be a "developmental" player (< 260 games).  I haven't added up all the numbers but Utica would be at the veteran limit most games, especially having added Schenn to the roster. So recalling Kero, who is a vet, allows the Comets to play another vet on their roster who would not otherwise play. In short, calling up Kero probably hurts Utica less than calling up Gaudetter.  I can't believe the Canucks would worry much about this, but it adds a small wrinkle.

Kero is not a 'vet' this season. Close to 200 pro games at the beginning of the season. Gaunce is the 260-320 player. Sifers, Boucher, Bancks. Hamilton, Pyatt are vets. Blujus just below the 260 mark.

Edit: Gaunce seems to be under 260 games too !

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Would think that MacEwen would get the next call up. Maybe a trade is in the works for Goldobin.

I think the Del Zotto deal might actually buy Goldobin some time.

Kero has cleared waivers so he's exempt for 10 games/1month - whichever comes first.

And with an injury or two as well as MDZ's freed up roster spot, there's a bit more flexibility.

I won't be surprised, though, if we see another deal / a forward dealt (Goldy, Schaller...but a bit more leverage now).

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I think the Del Zotto deal might actually buy Goldobin some time.

Kero has cleared waivers so he's exempt for 10 games/1month - whichever comes first.

And with an injury or two as well as MDZ's freed up roster spot, there's a bit more flexibility.

I won't be surprised, though, if we see another deal / a forward dealt (Goldy, Schaller...but a bit more leverage now).

What trade would involve either?

zero value.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

? There have been a lot of players traded recently that have considerably less value than Goldobin.

Trade him to Dundon.  He has the one thing on his checklist.

I guess I’d rather be patient with him like we have been with Jake and Hutton for example.  There isn’t much of a rush with some good prospects in the pipe.

id rather him play his way to Minsk than deal him for nothing and maybe develop else where in the nhl.

Just now, riffraff said:

I guess I’d rather be patient with him like we have been with Jake and Hutton for example.  There isn’t much of a rush with some good prospects in the pipe.

id rather him play his way to Minsk than deal him for nothing and maybe develop elsewhere.

I wouldn't deal him for nothing - definitely not - but if a team values his talent and his production (23 pts would be top 5 on a number of teams, including the Hurricanes) I might deal him for a better fit, or as a principal in a deal for a better fit.  He has some good complementary qualities on EP's wing, but unfortunately forechecking, going to the hard areas, and being really solid two way support are not among them, and with Boeser on the other wing it's not BB that's subject to upgrade imo.   Likewise, I don't necessarily see Goldobin taking Baertschi's minutes... I aslo won't be surprised if Leivo continues to move up and down the lineup as he brings a bit more versatility.

I don't put too much stock in short term 'doghouse' speculation, and don't think NHL GMs/teams do either, so I doubt Goldobin would be perceived as having no market value but if that were the case then I'd take him off the market and keep him as you suggest.

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wouldn't deal him for nothing - definitely not - but if a team values his talent and his production (23 pts would be top 5 on a number of teams, including the Hurricanes) I might deal him for a better fit, or as a principal in a deal for a better fit.  He has some good complementary qualities on EP's wing, but unfortunately forechecking, going to the hard areas, and being really solid two way support are not among them, and with Boeser on the other wing it's not BB that's subject to upgrade imo.   Likewise, I don't necessarily see Goldobin taking Baertschi's minutes... I aslo won't be surprised if Leivo continues to move up and down the lineup as he brings a bit more versatility.

I don't put too much stock in short term 'doghouse' speculation, and don't think NHL GMs/teams do either, so I doubt Goldobin would be perceived as having no market value but if that were the case then I'd take him off the market and keep him as you suggest.

I’ve been hanging on to the point production as well as there isn’t much else to appreciate atm ....I’m a fan of this kid - always have been.  I’m hoping he turns out.

i agree that most gms aren’t short sighted in their doghouse views but many players have been traded after residences there.  Mdz being the latest - despite what green may have said about his character he did say that the team started winning after he sat.  Green has also come as close as he can to saying that Goldy isn’t playing like, or is a player you can win with.   Not exactly a sales pitch for the trade block.

I still feel his value is very low.  And for this reason I’d rather keep him.

I’m holding on to those great passes to ep that only he can make.

well see.

Archived