The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 5 Thread

Zigmund.Palffy

Glad I didn't waste money of a Ps Pro or whatever it's called.  I got the Ps4 right away and because of that it sounds like a Boeing 747 taking off whenever the fan turns on. 

18 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I can't fathom that we have gone an entire generation of consoles without NCAA Football/Basketball.

Plus boxing and a decent tennis game.  If I knew they'd stop making those games I wouldn't have traded in the last version of NCAA football and Fightnight Round 2. 

18 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Xbox One X is what the original Xbox One should have been to begin with if these companies weren't so worried about turning a profit on the consoles when the licensing fees are where the real money is.

These consoles are basically customized PC's.  If you so much as skimp on one part, you gimp everything else right along with it.  Just like most of the pre-made so-called "gaming PC's" that companies like Walmart sell.

I have a large library of games for PS/Xbox, especially Xbox. If I can bring those over to the new consoles then I'll do it, otherwise I'm quite content with my super powered PC for next gen. Playing a game like Dark Souls on console is nothing short of torture lol

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

I have a large library of games for PS/Xbox, especially Xbox. If I can bring those over to the new consoles then I'll do it, otherwise I'm quite content with my super powered PC for next gen. Playing a game like Dark Souls on console is nothing short of torture lol

Speaking of which...  I meant to PM you.  Don't upgrade your 1080 to the 2080.  It's only a marginal improvement and the ray-tracing they introduced will likely go nowhere.

18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Speaking of which...  I meant to PM you.  Don't upgrade your 1080 to the 2080.  It's only a marginal improvement and the ray-tracing they introduced will likely go nowhere.

Yeah I heard about that. 1080Ti should last me for a while. Ray-tracing sounds like it could be good in a half decade or so but right now it's way too early to implement.

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

Yeah I heard about that. 1080Ti should last me for a while. Ray-tracing sounds like it could be good in a half decade or so but right now it's way too early to implement.

Ray-tracing is an old idea begun anew.  Every so often Nvidia tries out new things to sell more cards when the lineup starts to become stale.  Usually a few big developers will take their cash and partially implement the new shiny toy then abandon it once the cash payouts run dry.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:29 PM, Chip Kelly said:

This is why I don't want to buy a console again, it will be outdated almost as fast as gaming computers hardware is these days in the race for higher FPS and life like graphics.

At least my PS3 lasted me a good 8 years.

Now every 4 years you get a new console coming out?! Plus charging $80 for new games?!!!

Insanity!!!

The PS 3 came out in 2006, the PS 4 came out in 2013. 7 years.

If the PS 5 is released in 2020, that would be 7 years.

It's not insane, but your math skills are.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

The PS 3 came out in 2006, the PS 4 came out in 2013. 7 years.

If the PS 5 is released in 2020, that would be 7 years.

It's not insane, but your math skills are.

Really time flies I guess,they say future years feel further away than past years or something like that.

I bombed 11th grade math, had to take summer school..

Thanks for bringing up a bad memory.:(

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Xbox said:

Sony just announced a bunch of information on the PS5. https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

Some pretty awesome features coming to the PS5. My favourites are the SSD and full backwards compatibility with PS4 games.

That's cool it's the same developer that did Marble Madness wayyyy back in the day for NES, loved that game.  Backwards compatibility is a must if I am going to purchase a next gen console.  

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That's cool it's the same developer that did Marble Madness wayyyy back in the day for NES, loved that game.  Backwards compatibility is a must if I am going to purchase a next gen console.  

Same. If you liked that game there's a new marble game out from that series called Marble It Up. Already on PC/Switch and coming soon to Xbox/PS4. Pretty fun game!

• Cheers 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2019 at 11:07 AM, Xbox said:

Microsoft has confirmed all Xboxone games, and all 360 and original xbox games currently playable on the xbox one, will be playable on the new console at launch. Your digital library on your microsoft account transfers over, so any games you bought on the MS store and downloaded to your xboxone can just be re-downloaded on the new console.

Edited by MattJVD

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...