The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks Friday 7pm - Jan 18 2019 -

xereau

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

I agree with McIntyre and Rintoul on those signings.  Not great signings at first blush but Vanek and Del Zotto anyways they served their purpose. 

Not sure what the purpose was. Vanek was good but MDZ particularly was a bad signing. Same as gagner bad. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't see it. Not for another 3 or 4 years.

At worst he'll be a very good 3rd line player with speed and size. Which thus team needs more of. At best 2nd line player. 

I think they keep working with him and developing his game. 

I do think it is unlikely, but if ownership really wants to push for the playoffs this year, I think they entertain the idea. Others such as Goldobin, etc won't fetch anything worthwhile, and I think they are determined not to trade picks.

Hope they keep him - right now, he seems to play best when he is the most offensive player on his line....

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

really?

i had no idea

so what is he going to do

become a free agent?

and sign again with st louis ?

So Bobby Lou can say depression and have his contract terminated with no cap hit when he retires? Yeh this isn't over!

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Not sure what the purpose was. Vanek was good but MDZ particularly was a bad signing. Same as gagner bad. 

people forget that gagner was signed to help the power play

brock was not expected to make the team last season

when he did and took a spot on the pp

he took gagner's spot

and there was not much of a role left for gagner

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

I would have kept del zotto and traded pooliot

Old Dman who can't play vs a young guy with room to improve.  Never . 

Pouliot showed great for a while last year. It seemed like a huge steal of a trade by JB. 

He's getting his confidence back. I have a feeling he's going to have a very solid 2nd half of season. Just like last season. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

As iMac said, Del Zotto let them lean on Hutton last year and he’s better for it.  Plus he landed a depth pick.  Motte is a fine bottom six buzz saw for Vanek.

What at was the cost?  Unless your last name is Aquilini it’s absolutey nothing. 

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I only just caught the last couple of posts.  Both the Sabres and Berglund agreed to terminate.

Just read a few articles chronicling his quotes regarding the situation. 

Patrik Berglund tells Sweden's Hockeypuls.se he feels at peace and has no regrets after abruptly ending his hockey career by walking away from the Buffalo Sabres a little over two months into the season. 

"I just knew I had to go home to find myself again," Berglund told the publication in speaking for the first time since the Sabres terminated the final three-and-a-half years left on his contract last month.

The Sabres acted after suspending Berglund on Dec. 15 when he failed to report for the game at Washington.

Berglund says he lost some of his passion for hockey last summer after being traded to Buffalo by St. Louis. Berglund was the Blues first-round draft pick in 2006 and spent 10 seasons in St. Louis.

He says he had difficulty handling the move, and eventually became tired of trying to hide his frustrations. Berglund says his emotions had nothing to do with playing in Buffalo, and he apologized to the Sabres for betraying them.

"My contract, and all the money I gave up means nothing," Berglund said. "I can give up that amount at any time to feel good inside."

Seems pretty open and shut to me now.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Old Dman who can't play vs a young guy with room to improve.  Never . 

Pouliot showed great for a while last year. It seemed like a huge steal of a trade by JB. 

He's getting his confidence back. I have a feeling he's going to have a very solid 2nd half of season. Just like last season. 

There is a lot of room to improve I'll give you that lol.

1 minute ago, cory40 said:

So Bobby Lou can say depression and have his contract terminated with no cap hit when he retires? Yeh this isn't over!

well he'd need a doctor to diagnose it

and then say it is so disabling he cannot play

kinda like the equipment allergy thing

except lou gets really sad when he sees his equipment

:bigblush:

15 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I still say Virt will traded away at some point over the next 6 months.   He can't seem to get any traction on regular basis.  Like watching a yoyo.

I say he will be a fixture on Gaudette's wing for a decade

Archived