The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sabres @ Canucks Friday 7pm - Jan 18 2019 -

xereau

5 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Definitely fine with Petey taking his time to get back to 100%. Just being selfish hahaha.

Think he's insurance, though I wouldn't mind seeing him have a look between Granlund and Leivo. If anything, it's a chance to sit Schaller.

Well I'm so selfish, I'd let EP40 keep the bonus for being named to the All Star Game. But I'd rather he skip it and make sure he's 100%

Hoping for a "plummer" like effort tonight. hard skating and hard hitting. Looking for a "Petey" like effort from EVERYONE. If we are going to lose then we at least can hold our head up knowing we gave a good effort. If the game ends and we are making comments like "so and so" looked "off" tonight or we are saying "we needed petey tonight" then the character of our team still needs work.

36 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well I'm so selfish, I'd let EP40 keep the bonus for being named to the All Star Game. But I'd rather he skip it and make sure he's 100%

I would also email the DOPS and everyone else in League head office and make sure that they know that NHL Admin incompetence and lack of player safety has played a large part in the decision to keep EP out of the ALL STAR Game.

If the NHL wants to use our young Stars to market  then they need to make sure these guys either have a reasonably safe working environment or allow the teams to implement their own policing systems and bring player to player respect back into the game.

gdt's are getting ridiculous with all the stupid stuff people are putting in them.  They get worse every game, like it's a race to see who can create the most pretentious, gawdy unrelated to the game thread starter. 

Lineups, maybe some pre-game interviews and/or highlights from their last meeting.  It shouldn't take 15 seconds to scroll past the first post.

9 hours ago, cory40 said:

Man does that bring back memories. When I was 4 I had a run in with our rooster in the back yard. The only thing I remember was running and it pecking at me as I ran for my dear life. And I also remember dad jumping the fence with his work boots on and kicking that rooster. I do believe it landed on the diner table.  

I have a similar story but it was my trusty old farm dog that came around the corner of a building and laid waste to the rooster

22 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

I would also email the DOPS and everyone else in League head office and make sure that they know that NHL Admin incompetence and lack of player safety has played a large part in the decision to keep EP out of the ALL STAR Game.

If the NHL wants to use our young Stars to market  then they need to make sure these guys either have a reasonably safe working environment or allow the teams to implement their own policing systems and bring player to player respect back into the game.

They shouldn't get any more protection than the worst player in the league.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They shouldn't get any more protection than the worst player in the league.

The worst players in the league shouldn't be allowed to head hunt young up and comers with little fear of punishment from the league or retribution from opposing teams.

Bad for the players, bad for the fans and bad for the league when bums trying to make a name for themselves by knocking out skilled young guys, face little to no league punishment and then bitch out when it is time to face the other team. It's all around pathetic.

Just now, Boeserker said:

The worst players in the league shouldn't be allowed to head hunt young up and comers with little fear of punishment from the league or retribution from opposing teams.

Bad for the players, bad for the fans and bad for the league when bums trying to make a name for themselves by knocking out skilled young guys, face little to no league punishment and then bitch out when it is time to face the other team. It's all around pathetic.

They don't.........people need to quit fabricating events to fit their own warped narrative of what they think actually happens in the league.  Headhunters and goons are long gone.  Things happen in the heat of the game, such as the matheson play, but it's not pre-meditated or calculated and no team has a player who goes out there to injure other plays.  It simply is not reality.  

judging from the nature of MCL injury, I think they are doing the absolutely the right thing not rushing EP40 back into the lineup.

I would rather have him sit out until all the inflammation is gone and that there is no risk of further adding to that tender ligament injury as it's quite easy to put pressure/ damage on that part of the knee.

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

gdt's are getting ridiculous with all the stupid stuff people are putting in them.  They get worse every game, like it's a race to see who can create the most pretentious, gawdy unrelated to the game thread starter. 

Lineups, maybe some pre-game interviews and/or highlights from their last meeting.  It shouldn't take 15 seconds to scroll past the first post.

Oh no, boohoo you had to scroll down a post. How will you ever survive?

get over it princess and get the stick out of your ass, every day I see you whining about something or coming up with such ridiculous proposals (like canucks trading boeser lmao) that makes me think you and I should probably swap usernames

1 minute ago, Kushman said:

Oh no, boohoo you had to scroll down a post. How will you ever survive?

get over it princess and get the stick out of your ass, every day I see you whining about something or coming up with such ridiculous proposals (like canucks trading boeser lmao) that makes me think you and I should probably swap usernames

where's the fun in that?  Don't be such a prude

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

Then the first person always quotes the whole thing to write a 3 word comment.. 

5 Pages this is rediculous, you know how much crap i had to read?

People should only do what i think, the rest, are idiots. jk.

You know what else fires me up?! The Sabres, goona run your buffalo a$$es off a cliff, right out of the arena and into extinction.

Were going to use their skin to adorn our buildings, were going to fill their carcasses with stuffing and spend significant time and effort to ensure their bodies are very delicately detailed and well displayed.

Go Canucks.

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

They don't.........people need to quit fabricating events to fit their own warped narrative of what they think actually happens in the league.  Headhunters and goons are long gone.  Things happen in the heat of the game, such as the matheson play, but it's not pre-meditated or calculated and no team has a player who goes out there to injure other plays.  It simply is not MY reality.  

There ya go fella'.

I heard you are doing the next game day thread as well  :bigblush:

Archived