xereau

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

people forget that gagner was signed to help the power play

brock was not expected to make the team last season

when he did and took a spot on the pp

he took gagner's spot

and there was not much of a role left for gagner

Gagner sucked plain and simple. 

He was in UFA year had a good season  and scored with a good contract. Just like many many players in UFA year before him. Lucic LE Ladd... the list goes on.  

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

There is a lot of room to improve I'll give you that lol.

Lol. Thx. 

Every team has a whopping boy. Ours is Pouliot. 

Bit I like him moving forward. 6th 7th Dman who will be cheap to re sign as RFA. I think he'll be good in 2 years when team competes for a round or 2 in playoffs

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

As iMac said, Del Zotto let them lean on Hutton last year and he’s better for it.  Plus he landed a depth pick.  Motte is a fine bottom six buzz saw for Vanek.

What at was the cost?  Unless your last name is Aquilini it’s absolutey nothing. 

exactly.  no negative consequences of that signing.  stepped up last year when the team was depleted and placeheld adequately.

this year lost his spot to two younger guys and gained the team a pick.

I'd definitely rinse and repeat that in hindsight.

And yeah, Motte is a beauty who is outworked by no one on this roster.  Shows up for every shift - leadership material imo.

Dump the puck in, nonexistent forechecking, Sabres easily move the puck out of their zone, rinse and repeat. Make sure to keep dumping the puck in even when you can skate inside the zone with possession and keep having no forecheck.

Lousy lateral movement by Demko, but incredible athleticism to spin to his side.

EDIT: I'm realizing now that he was a bit far out of his net, so he couldn't push off the post, hence the slow lateral movement.

Just now, Green Building said:

Is it the beers or have the D been boxong out the crease to protect Demko from extra chips and chops more so than other games with other goalies this season?  

Just noticed Hutton and Stecher keep 7 foot what's-his-name away from extra hacks and got to thinking.

Plus that scrum with Virt.

Archived