The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

earlier on this season we were on the wrong side of a 1 goal game.  same thing. the game would be a tie into the 3rd, most of the time, the other team will score the winner.  the last 2 games, we were on the right side of the 1 goal win.  We would get the next one(clutch) and hold onto the league (clutch again) to seal the win.  good job boys.  having Sneaky Petey back is definitely a huge boost. 

Not their best game, but they found a way to win. 

Marky was awesome. Man I’ve missed watching Petey play. Welcome back Alien. He just makes the Canucks 10 times more exciting to watch. When Quinn arrives, we’ll be even more exciting! That’s a happy thought! ::D

The most amazing thing about EP to me really is his ability and desire to play hard in his own end. Most offensive superstars take years and years to develop that commitment and team first attitude. If you look around the league, there really isn't any other player with his level of offensive skill also who gives it as hard in his own end other than Sid. McDavid, Matthews, Laine, Eichel, Kane, none of these guys play a 200ft game like he does. You have guys like Bergeron, Bo, etc who are 'good' offensive players who play hard in their own end, but the "elite' scorers, seldom do. He really does play alot like Datsyuk - a guy who will get 90-100 pts and be stellar in his own end. His block tonight likely saved a goal.

This kid is a generational talent and in a few years, we may be happy we have him over McDavid, I already am.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Love Roussel immediately after his goal, still chirps the Detroit bench as he skates by

Dude is a hybrid of Burr and Lappierre. A great signing. I didn't know much about him prior, other than he was a bit of a pest, but he has great wheels, brings 110% every night, can chip in an odd goal and has that edge the two named prior brought and we sorely need. Many people complained about JB's signings this year but Roussel and Beagle have been stellar in their roles. Shaller was a miss but a low cost depth one anyways.

EP had a rough 1st  and 2nd period even though he got the first goal. It is rough coming back after games off and it showed. Yet he still gets 2 points lmao. The guy is a star and it will be awesome watching him get better and better over the next few years.

Last game I bet the Canucks would win and Horvat would get 2 points and they did.

Today I bet the Canucks would win and Boeser would get 2 points (because EP was back) and he did.  

Good couple days for small bets lol.

Archived