Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ty Rattie, Ryan Spooner, Justin Falk

8476427.jpg

Ty Rattie | #8

RW | 6' 0" | 183 lb | Age: 25 | Edmonton Oilers

Born: February 5, 1993

Birthplace: Calgary, AB, CAN

Shoots: Right

Draft: 2011 STL, 2nd rd, 2nd pk (32nd overall)

8475727.jpg

Ryan Spooner | #23

C | 5' 11" | 191 lb | Age: 26 | Edmonton Oilers

Born: January 30, 1992

Birthplace: Ottawa, ON, CAN

Shoots: Left

Draft: 2010 BOS, 2nd rd, 15th pk (45th overall)

8473992.jpg

Justin Falk | #42

D | 6' 5" | 223 lb | Age: 30 | Ottawa Senators

Born: October 11, 1988

Birthplace: Snowflake, MB, CAN

Shoots: Left

Draft: 2007 MIN, 4th rd, 19th pk (110th overall)

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Ty Rattie, Ryan Spooner, Justin Falk
Just now, Rush17 said:

The end of an era in Edmonton. #Eberle4Strome4Spooner

Slow clap.. only chia can do such an amazing job and still remain employed.

Must be a trade coming, cant wait to see what Chia Pet does next.... Is it worse being an Ottawa fan or an Oilers fan, I wonder. 

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Ottawa has a lot of skilled youth in their system.......Edmonton not so much.

Rather be a Sens fan any day.......

The owner is one of the worst in the league though. The state that the team is in it is related to how he has handled finances.

Just now, Dazzle said:

The owner is one of the worst in the league though. The state that the team is in it is related to how he has handled finances.

Katz and Melnyk are pretty equal as inept owners..........one is cheap and one refuses to let go of the 80's and come into the present NHL.

4 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Rumor is that Chia is getting punted today, media availability scheduled for after team meetings  

Lol what a disaster that organization is....who do you think they'll hire to replace him? Craig MacTavish again?? Lol

The thing people need to realize with the Oilers (And I know many of you have already alluded to this in different posts) is the lack of development of their prospects. We are seeing it again this year with Yamato and Jones and Puljujarvi etc - they do not give them the development time they need in the AHL etc. I am honestly shocked Bouchard is not playing for them right now. Look at other teams around them including us and we have a much more efficient AHL development system.

Just now, hlinkas wrister said:

I could see MacT or even Keith Gretzky finishing the year as an interm

I think your second choice is correct along with Nicholson - although they are dealing for such a position of weakness doesn't matter who they chose they are over a barrel - Taylor Hall trade all over again.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its amazing and laughable that Chiarelli still have his job. When he took control of the Oilers, they had MORE than enough core talent to win the cup within 3 years, but needed some intelligent decisions on balancing the makeup of the team. They needed to leverage their assets at forward to acquire a couple of solid puck moving defensemen to work with forwards.

This team had something stupid like 4, first overall's in 5 or 6 years, and STILL can't even get into the playoffs, much less make an impact there.

Becoming even more obvious, who was the real brains in Boston.

Archived