The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SUPERBOWL XLIII NE PATRIOTS VS LA RAMS FEBURARY 3RD, 2019 THREAD

Zigmund.Palffy

WHO WILL WIN SUPERBOWL 53?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Suh been playing pretty good as of late, hasnt done nothing stupid, Mcvay probably brainwashed him to not make stupid decisions..

Well if the Pats lose (and I believe it's their game to lose) then Brady falls out of my top five best players.  This should be an easy victory for him.  

25 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I like how you put the Rams up there twice.

I think the Pats take this one by 10 points.

At least 10.  This will most likely be one of those boring 50 to 28 games.  Pats will have a 35 to 7 lead at the half, and coast home.  

Only possible scenario where I will be rooting for the Pats.  Other than Justin Davis, Nickell Robey Coleman, Robert Woods, and Sean McVay, there is no roster I would like to see lose than this one. The only players/Coaches I dislike on the Pats is Brady and Josh McDaniels.

Go Pats

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Suh been playing pretty good as of late, hasnt done nothing stupid, Mcvay probably brainwashed him to not make stupid decisions..

Mediocre at best, Aaron Donald is who they need to look out for.

6 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Only possible scenario where I will be rooting for the Pats.  Other than Justin Davis, Nickell Robey Coleman, Robert Woods, and Sean McVay, there is no roster I would like to see lose than this one. The only players/Coaches I dislike on the Pats is Brady and Josh McDaniels.

Go Pats

Wade Phillips is a pretty likeable coach, and CJ Anderson is hard to root against after how he's bounced around and stepped up as a contributor on the Rams.

13 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Booked the following Monday off, so if it's a day of mourning or celebration either way I get to sleep in.

Patriots only a 3 point favorite right now. 

1 week to go. Rams could pull the upset.

They have the formula. Including highly motivated ex Patriot players like Cooks and Talib.

Last year Blount was huge in the Super Bowl really had some big runs.

Patriots struggle vs big backs see loss vs Titans this year as well.

Looks like that could  be CJ Anderson this game.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, c00kies said:

I like how you put the Rams up there twice.

I think the Pats take this one by 10 points.

How many people had the Eagles winning last season?

Rams are just as good as the Eagles Super Bowl offence and defence were imo.

Rams also have a good OL like the Eagles that should win their fair share of the matchups vs the Patriots DL.

Patriots offence is the same as last season maybe slightly better on d.

Anybody that thinks the Patriots will just blow out the Rams, doesn't remember that their Super Bowl games go down to the last play usually.

Rams 28- Patriots 24

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

How many people had the Eagles winning last season?

Rams are just as good as the Eagles Super Bowl offence and defence were imo.

Rams also have a good OL like the Eagles that should win their fair share of the matchups vs the Patriots DL.

Patriots offence is the same as last season maybe slightly better on d.

Anybody that thinks the Patriots will just blow out the Rams, doesn't remember that their Super Bowl games go down to the last play usually.

Rams 28- Patriots 24

I think the offense was better last year but the defense is way better this year. Last year the Superbowl had 2 teams that didn't know how the play defense.

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I think the offense was better last year but the defense is way better this year. Last year the Superbowl had 2 teams that didn't know how the play defense.

It didn't help that they tried to cover Alshon Jeffery with Eric "Oh no" Rowe early on after benching Malcolm Butler.

They did adjust with Gilmore in shadow coverage after the first quarter.

The main matchup I would take advantage of from the Rams perspective is to lineup Robert Woods in the slot vs the Patriots  rookie nickel CB JC. Jackson.

Woods is one of the best WRs at route running and getting separation in the entire NFL.

It will be a mismatch if they try to cover him 1 on 1 with the rookie.

I expect Gilmore to shadow Cooks or Woods while they double the other guy off and on throughout the game.

Josh Reynolds is the under the radar guy who will have to step up and make some plays since he should get 1 on 1 coverage vs Jason McCourty most likely.

He is the Rams tallest WR and should get a jump ball opportunity at some point.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:13 PM, peaches5 said:

Our offense is much better and rounded this year. We didn't have the power run game last year we do this year. It opens up a lot more options - the game winning TD against KC was a draw play when KC was in a pass coverage. In both the Chargers and KC games, the first drive was 7+ minutes with more run heavy than passing and putting up 7.

Michel has really brought us a #1 back that we haven't had since Laurence Maroney's injury riddled career, Corey Dillon or Antowain Smith's first year. Blount was a huge part of the previous 2 rings, but he was a bruiser. And White/Lewis are more elusive in the pass and toss game. But Michel brings the power of Blount (not as big) but the endurance and elusiveness of White/Lewis to run between the tackles, which finally teams have to respect and not just play dime coverage all game. 

The offense may not be as flashy in terms of play style or names on the roster, but it's much more efficient this January. 

Archived