The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SUPERBOWL XLIII NE PATRIOTS VS LA RAMS FEBURARY 3RD, 2019 THREAD

Zigmund.Palffy

WHO WILL WIN SUPERBOWL 53?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

This guy took one of those fake classes at USC like basket weaving, didn't he @ReggieBush?

Why give extra motivation? But there is some truth to what he is saying. Brady almost threw 3 picks vs the Chiefs.

Now, maybe it was an off game and because of the cold and being on the road.

Robey is thinking Rams d can get after the Patriots because the 31st total defence in the Chiefs almost forced 3 picks.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Our offense is much better and rounded this year. We didn't have the power run game last year we do this year. It opens up a lot more options - the game winning TD against KC was a draw play when KC was in a pass coverage. In both the Chargers and KC games, the first drive was 7+ minutes with more run heavy than passing and putting up 7.

Michel has really brought us a #1 back that we haven't had since Laurence Maroney's injury riddled career, Corey Dillon or Antowain Smith's first year. Blount was a huge part of the previous 2 rings, but he was a bruiser. And White/Lewis are more elusive in the pass and toss game. But Michel brings the power of Blount (not as big) but the endurance and elusiveness of White/Lewis to run between the tackles, which finally teams have to respect and not just play dime coverage all game. 

The offense may not be as flashy in terms of play style or names on the roster, but it's much more efficient this January. 

LA Rams are undefeated when Todd Gurley has a minimum of 15 carries this year.

Suffice to say whichever team can run the ball and keep the opposing offence off the field longer, will likely win the game.

32 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

And also, Brady's mama can't make a decent clam chowder.

It's so stupid to pump tires on someone that has been known to prove doubters wrong time and time again.

I'm going to a Superbowl party again this year, obviously a lot less stressful than last year's party, but I might make a few bets since the Eagles aren't playing (I don't like to bet when my team plays).

First turnover

First field goal

Winner

Half-time leader

First penalty

Etc...

6 minutes ago, c00kies said:

It's so stupid to pump tires on someone that has been known to prove doubters wrong time and time again.

I think he's letting air out of Brady's tires, not pumping him up like a good opposing DB should. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pats 50 ... Rams A LOT LESS!  :lol:

This will go down as one of those lopsided, and very boring Bowls.  Game is over after the first quarter:  Pats 21 to Rams 0.  Pats 35 to Rams 7 at half.  BORING.  

Patriots suck , they are old on the offense and defence side, rams young and ready to roll with good experience in Talib and Cooks to lead rams to a victory

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Patriots suck , they are old on the offense and defence side, rams young and ready to roll with good experience in Talib and Cooks to lead rams to a victory

Stanley Morgan will dominate this game.  Young Rams won't even be able to find him in their secondary! 

23 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Players on the Patriots’ Super Bowl LIII 53-man roster have collectively played in 86 Super Bowls, while Rams players have collectively played in five.

That said, I bet that the team that scores the most points will win!

Go Pats GO!

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Players on the Patriots’ Super Bowl LIII 53-man roster have collectively played in 86 Super Bowls, while Rams players have collectively played in five.

That said, I bet that the team that scores the most points will win!

Go Pats GO!

That's kind of the point I'm making.  No one on the Rams will cover Stanley Morgan.  I don't think Morgan will even get tackled!  

47 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

This guy took one of those fake classes at USC like basket weaving, didn't he @ReggieBush?

Why give extra motivation? But there is some truth to what he is saying. Brady almost threw 3 picks vs the Chiefs.

Now, maybe it was an off game and because of the cold and being on the road.

Robey is thinking Rams d can get after the Patriots because the 31st total defence in the Chiefs almost forced 3 picks.

USC is literally one of the best Academic Univeriteis in the US (even the world). He's not wrong either, Brady isn't the same QB.

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

USC is literally one of the best Academic Univeriteis in the US (even the world). He's not wrong either, Brady isn't the same QB.

Oh c'mon, you now these football players most only get in because of athletic scholarships, not on academic merit.

Not talking Stanford here, where student athletes actually attend classes and have to balance the workload.

6 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Our offense is much better and rounded this year. We didn't have the power run game last year we do this year. It opens up a lot more options - the game winning TD against KC was a draw play when KC was in a pass coverage. In both the Chargers and KC games, the first drive was 7+ minutes with more run heavy than passing and putting up 7.

Michel has really brought us a #1 back that we haven't had since Laurence Maroney's injury riddled career, Corey Dillon or Antowain Smith's first year. Blount was a huge part of the previous 2 rings, but he was a bruiser. And White/Lewis are more elusive in the pass and toss game. But Michel brings the power of Blount (not as big) but the endurance and elusiveness of White/Lewis to run between the tackles, which finally teams have to respect and not just play dime coverage all game. 

The offense may not be as flashy in terms of play style or names on the roster, but it's much more efficient this January. 

Was watching some tape cut ups of last week's AFC championship game on twitter..

Patriots shut out the Chiefs in the 1st half because they didn't have the ball enough to score ,and when they did, Patriots played really physical tight press man coverage across the board.

It was borderline holding on a few plays! 

Belichick knows the refs don't want to call a penalty on every snap, so when Patriots d is in man coverage(which is over 70 percent of the time) they try to jam up guys to disrupt their timing and beat them up at the line even past 5 yards if necessary to take away their speed and quickness.

Rams and Chiefs both have fast finesse WRs, they don't have a big physical #1 WR like a Michael Thomas.

Now is that subtle cheating or smart coaching? 

How the Rams combat this is by getting physical themselves running "legal" pick plays and rubs to get separation.

Also they can put a guy in motion and have the WRs in a bunch look so they can cause traffic, motion WR slips under for a free release off the line.

Will be a fun chess match of McVay vs Belichick and McDaniels vs Wade Phillips.

I am getting excited for this Super Bowl. I think it will be a good game on paper despite many people picking the Patriots to blow out the Rams by 2 TDS like Reggie Bush.

I don't like to bet but I am getting an itch to put something down... 

38 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Oh c'mon, you now these football players most only get in because of athletic scholarships, not on academic merit.

Not talking Stanford here, where student athletes actually attend classes and have to balance the workload.

It is crazy to me that somebody is scoffing at the idea that USC is an esteemed academic institution. It is.

It is literally a better school than anything we offer in Canada.

Archived