The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn Speaks to Media about Utica

Dazzle

Hopefully they don't move this thread away from the Canucks talk. I really hate it when the moderators move posts about Canucks players to different areas of CDC where hardy anybody visits. I still wish they kept it all in one place like the old days but thanks for posting the video! 

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Looking good the last 2 games now that he is more rested. 

2 games vs how many dozen where we've all wondered if he should be on an NHL roster. I'm not convinced he should be on any NHL team. 

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its funny that it feels like hes been in the league forever... dude's still only 29

Wish I felt the same, to me it seems only a few years ago he was a touted prospect and now he’s already a “ washed up “ 29.  Geese not sure I’m a fan of youth trumps age and experience trend, Horvat will be just around the corner from the pasture by the time this years draft picks are ready for to compete.  Only a few guys that were in there prime scoring forty plus goals or top defenders are still around, Vanek case in point; the NHPLA has some serious soul searching to do as 80% of it  is in a demographic that won’t last nearly as long as it used to, and is getting squeezed by “the core” or a handful of high paid players and GMs working hard to find cheaper alternatives, and if they are lucky to keep going they take whatever they can get.  Vanek made 2 million and paced the 7 million dollar Sedins.  

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Wish I felt the same, to me it seems only a few years ago he was a touted prospect and now he’s already a “ washed up “ 29.  Geese not sure I’m a fan of youth trumps age and experience trend, Horvat will be just around the corner from the pasture by the time this years draft picks are ready for to compete.  Only a few guys that were in there prime scoring forty plus goals or top defenders are still around, Vanek case in point; the NHPLA has some serious soul searching to do as 80% of it  is in a demographic that won’t last nearly as long as it used to, and is getting squeezed by “the core” or a handful of high paid players and GMs working hard to find cheaper alternatives, and if they are lucky to keep going they take whatever they can get.  Vanek made 2 million and paced the 7 million dollar Sedins.  

Totally agree.  The top end guys, who are the ones we pay to see, make (maybe?) too much of the total Cap.  I think guys like Schenn could still be in the NHL as a 7/8 D man, but times have changed. 

Has anyone who watched him play recently able to tell me why he isn't in the lineup instead of Pouliot? I haven't watched him so I've just gotta go off what his scouting report says and he sounds exactly like a Gudbranson. It's no secret that he brings zero offence but he's supposed to bring size, leadership, and not too terrible defensive play. Pouliot supposedly brings some offensive skill but awful defensive play easily offsets his whopping 8 pts. 

22 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Another expansion team should help with that.

Archived