The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canes @ Nucks Wed Jan 23 2019 -- All Star Break Edition --

xereau

cut.jpg

CanesRoster.thumb.png.cf3e49db6cfca87d605c50caa9bee38e.png  @  NucksRosterVsCanes.thumb.png.b1d06f90ee0513a22b49b7031fa4092a.png

Still Healthy... wow.

wellness.png what-does-health-mean-to-individuals.png

He is going to be a Canuck in 2 months...

cut.jpg

Elias' time to shine...

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

Markstrom's strong play powering Canucks...

cut.jpg

Hope we see this guy soon...

948722034.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

*****************************************************************************************************************

mbyNb3o.png

Dxi2-8xU0AA6vE6.jpg

Love Greens candid remarks on Goldy and Jake. A bit unfortunate for virts if he has to sit but he has played every game and his consistency is degrading. Its still a huge improvement from last year he needs a rest and I expect him to finish strong after the all star break. Would be nice to get an asset for goldy too since i think bear cheese has his spot locked down for now

I think we’ll fend off the Canes 4-2

brock x2

beagle

hutton

aho

teuvo

1 minute ago, Dombrova22 said:

I don't understand Green, you stick Virt on the 3rd line and expect him to be a god, throw him with Petey and let him &^@#ing grind it out. 

Jake, Petey, Brock.  That should be our top offensively minded line.  Jake’s speed would push the D off the blue line, and provide space for Petey above the dots.  Plus, down low Jake is a beast to handle, and often takes two guys.  Again that creates more space for Petey.  Brock will be the perfect compliment.  Gillis, Trottier, Bossy.  

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I feel like Virtanen will come back with a fire under his ass after being scratched. 

Yep.  Plus Greener lets guys come back with a reasonably clean slate after they're scratched and gives them an opportunity to succeed.  He's done an excellent job with Jake so far and knows what buttons to push, so not too worried.

Don't agree with Virtanen being scratched. Even if he hasn't been as offensively consistent as of late, he's not detrimental to the team. His defensive awareness is still pretty good and he brings speed that we kinda need. Not to mention the fact that he got on the board with an assist last game.

I dont have any faith that the oilers are winning tonight, so here's the best case scenario's for tomorrow's slate of games:

VAN beats CAR

MTL beats ARI

MIN beats COL*

STL beats ANA

Best Case Scenario:

WC1: VAN: 51 GP / 54 PTS

WC2: DAL: 49 GP / 52 PTS

1: COL: 50 GP / 52 PTS

2: ANA: 51 GP / 51 PTS

3: ARI: 50 GP / 50 PTS

4: STL: 50 GP / 49 PTS

5: EDM: 50 GP / 49 PTS

One Point Scenario:

WC1: COL: 51 GP / 53 PTS

WC2: VAN: 51 GP / 53 PTS

1: DAL: 49 GP / 52 PTS

2: ANA: 51 GP / 52 PTS

3: STL: 50 GP / 51 PTS

4: ARI: 50 GP / 51 PTS

Worst Case Scenario:

WC1: COL: 51 GP / 54 PTS

WC2:  ANA: 51 GP / 53 PTS

1: DAL: 49 GP / 52 PTS

2: ARI: 50 GP / 52 PTS

3: VAN: 51 GP / 52 PTS

4: STL: 50 GP / 50 PTS

Have a bad feeling about this one - sure hope I'm wrong

I wanted to watch the Canes in Calgary tonight but I don't get it- so I;m watching the Wings teach the Oilers how to play

As long as the Canucks give it their best  and play a fast paced entertaining game  we can't ask for much more

Go Canucks Go

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Don't agree with Virtanen being scratched. Even if he hasn't been as offensively consistent as of late, he's not detrimental to the team. His defensive awareness is still pretty good and he brings speed that we kinda need. Not to mention the fact that he got on the board with an assist last game.

I think they want him to start “Imposing” his talents on other teams. Aka Ferland. While he’s played solid, he has a lot more to give. It seems Jake needs a wake up call each new step he takes. First was can you be good enough to play in the NHL- sent to Utica. The it was can you be an everyday player by playing smart - spot duty and sat out a lot. Now it’s start imposing your will on the other team and not just being an everyday player. It seems when Jake meets his current goal he gets complacent and happy with it rather than continuing to reach higher. Green seems to know this, and knows when Jake needs a kick in the butt. He’s going to pull more out of him because Jake still has a lot more to give and Green clearly knows how to manage his development. 

10 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

I think they want him to start “Imposing” his talents on other teams. Aka Ferland. While he’s played solid, he has a lot more to give. It seems Jake needs a wake up call each new step he takes. First was can you be good enough to play in the NHL- sent to Utica. The it was can you be an everyday player by playing smart - spot duty and sat out a lot. Now it’s start imposing your will on the other team and not just being an everyday player. It seems when Jake meets his current goal he gets complacent and happy with it rather than continuing to reach higher. Green seems to know this, and knows when Jake needs a kick in the butt. He’s going to pull more out of him because Jake still has a lot more to give and Green clearly knows how to manage his development. 

ugh if we can get ferland, him on the LW and Jake on the RW would be killer.

10 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

ugh if we can get ferland, him on the LW and Jake on the RW would be killer.

He’s a UFA, and someone JB should really go after for sure.

He’s exactly the guy we need on Petey’s Wing to keep people in check and who can also play 

Ferland Petey Dhalen 

Baer Bo Boeser 

Roussel Gaudete Virtanen 

Erickson Beagle Motte 

love to see that as our starters next year - move Sutter for a pick and D prospect and Goldy - we’ll see if he can stick

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived