The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 23, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

What is bothersome is the linesman protect the cheap shot artists after they cheap shot the player who is trying to get back at them...

results in no accountability...

they protect the cheap shot artist but not the superstars (i.e., EP40)

Did they even see the cheapshots !!!??!?   

3 minutes ago, Samgagner'sface said:

Kinda wish the ref wouldn't have stopped guddy from filling in svechnikov. He got 4 minutes and no satisfaction 

Yeah it a disgrace... First he charges Guddy, and when Guddy tries to respond, he gets tossed...

Is this how it works in the NHL now, cause then start charging every star player on the ice in the future. 2min v a player injured or tossed.... Disgusting.

1 minute ago, Samgagner'sface said:

Actually I agree. We did adjust. We had a few odd man rushes when we caught them with their hands in the cookie jar, but we didn't convert

Yeah. Many tips went wide of the net. Add to that a bad passing in our own zone. The first was just brutal. I was thrilled we were not down by at least 3 by the beginning of the second period.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No clue what you are talking about pal 

but if you are cool with an inept d man on your team then keep cheering on like a good fan 

Naw My gf even noticed tonight that the Canucks let teams take shots at him. I think if him as a 19 year old kid and no one seems to care about his personal health or well being around here. We want him scoring as many flashy goals as possible before someone ends his career. It’s not fair to him as a person. We don’t treat him right... he’s too good for us :( 

Goalie had bailed them out a couple times this home stand. Getting outshot and outplayed for long stretches caught up with them in this one. 

Need at least  one more legit top 6 winger and two reliable puck moving d men. 

bottom  6 are fantastic when team is protecting a lead. But they can’t generate much when team is in catchup mode. 

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

Did they even see the cheapshot !!!??!?   

they should have...if they are into the game and watching. Regardless, let the players settle it before jumping in before it starts. I think everyone saw the Svech hit on Gud...maybe not the Niederieder elbow/tap on Roussel.

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yeah it a disgrace... First he charges Guddy, and when Guddy tries to respond, he gets tossed...

Is this how it works in the NHL now, cause then start charging every star player on the ice in the future. 2min v a player injured or tossed.... Disgusting.

The thing that threw me off is that after Roussel was thrown off, they started taking liberties. The goalie held Petey, Svechnikov poked at Pouliot and finally the hit on Gudbranson. Man, that just makes me really angry.

Not sure if I'm more upset at the terrible reffing or the terrible effort. The petey play was sweet, but aside from that it was all Canes. Canucks were handing pucks to them all night. Really hope the boys take it into overdrive into the break because that effort was just sad. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We’re excited about where we are in the standings, we relish this opportunity, but we have to come back better after the break. We’ve got some important hockey coming up.” - Sutter

That did not look like an excited team that was relishing the opportunity to get more points for their playoff push. Sorry Sutter, I smell bs.

Archived