The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 23, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not if he plays this season.

Just now, mll said:

Not necessarily - depends if 2018/19 will count as a pro year or not.  2019/20 and 2020/21 will and only players with 2 pro-years or less are exempt.  

I guess I was figuring he'd be playing less than 9 games, but I haven't been following his team at all so am not sure when their season is projected to be over. 

Still, if he looks ready and is ready I'd rather boot a vet when the time comes and ink Hughes in. 

Just now, Green Building said:

I guess I was figuring he'd be playing less than 9 games, but I haven't been following his team at all so am not sure when their season is projected to be over. 

Still, if he looks ready and is ready I'd rather boot a vet when the time comes and ink Hughes in. 

It’s an unnecessary risk imo, hang on to an asset you could keep or move for another piece and lose a lesser player (gagner, pouliot) 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It’s an unnecessary risk imo, hang on to an asset you could keep or move for another piece and lose a lesser player (gagner, pouliot) 

I'm not a GM, but here's how I play it: 

"Congratulations on a busy and successful year, Quinn, how'd you like to take a few weeks off to work out and then join us in Vancouver for the last 8 games of the regular season*? We'd like to sign ya." 

*do playoff games count toward the first professional season?

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'm not one to talk trash about my players, but even I had it up to here with Pouliot tonight. 

There's no doubt he's got some talent, but damn, the mistakes tonight were bad ones.

its too bad after the good run he had, but after this game too much of a liability, swap him with some one else.

12 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'm not a GM, but here's how I play it: 

"Congratulations on a busy and successful year, Quinn, how'd you like to take a few weeks off to work out and then join us in Vancouver for the last 8 games of the regular season*? We'd like to sign ya." 

*do playoff games count toward the first professional season?

It comes into effect if he plays 1 game this season 10 games is only to send a player back to Junior, College players are under different rules. 

Archived