The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers | 4pm | Feb 4th

taskicon

3 minutes ago, taskicon said:

I think in the summer there should be a Petey Prospect Program, where EP takes all of our prospects and teaches and trains them for two weeks... a month... the whole summer maybe. His work ethic and eye for detail would be a huge boost to all the other prospects. Who knows better at what it takes to be elite in the league than a guy who developed himself into one of the top stars. Just a silly thought.

A wise Alien teaching padawans the way of the hockey Jedi. That’s not a bad idea but EP would need a double cheque in the mail if he’s teaching/playing 24/7 12/365. 

E2D322B4-F6ED-4352-A1E0-C7C88D4A2175.gif

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PP units in practice:

PP1: Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Edler, Goldobin

PP2: Sutter, Virtanen, Leivo, Eriksson, Hutton

For those who think the rebuild is almost done ... That PP2 unit looks scary -- for us.  Sutter/Eriksson/Hutton, killing penalties 180 feet from our net.

47 minutes ago, xereau said:

Speed and moderate size, and the ability to get and hold onto that puck, is what they want.  Zack is about right in both regards.  Not massive, and not lumbering.  He could be a beauty.  I saw it 2 falls ago in Penticton.  You could hear his skating strides all over the ice, and he was tenacious.  Sure, just a showcase event but he brought it every shift.  This is that 'character' Benning was talking about.  Another that I was thoroughly impressed with was Carcone, same kind of game, smaller guy though, and now he is gone. So, you might be right.

Would love to see MacEwen brought up for either the Philly or Capitals game. It should have been the Philly game. I actually want to see him play rather than sit in the stands.

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Would love to see MacEwen brought up for either the Philly or Capitals game. It should have been the Philly game. I actually want to see him play rather than sit in the stands.

This might be fun:

Roussel-Horvat-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

MacEwen-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

53 minutes ago, appleboy said:

If we are serious about playoffs then they should be putting the best team out there as possible.  Shut Baer down for the year. Trade Granlund. 

Let's get a look a Zack and bring Gaudette back up.  Play Sutter on the wing.

I think you want Sutter taking the face-offs. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Schaller-Horvat(A)-Leivo

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

Edler(A)-Tanev(A)

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot-Gudbranson

Markstrom

Are they purposely trying to keep Bo from scoring?  Put Rooster & Shotgun his wings.  I also agree with other commentators who said trade Schaller & Granny.  Bring Mac & AG88 

49 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I know the Flyers have won like 7 in a row, but they don't intimidate me. I saw their game on Saturday and they played like crap tbh. Next game vs the Caps is more difficult so we must win tonight to give us some gap in the standings on the wild card spot. 

The Flyers are still a bad team. Goaltending has started saving them occasionally. You they beat the Rangers 1-0 then check the stats and realize they got out shot 38-19. A nice 3-2 win on Boston... out shot 41-25. A 5-2 win against Montreal surely a good team showing, out shot 35-23. The emergence of Carter Hart seems to have really sparked them and they do still have some dangerous veterans so nothing is impossible but they are still a very messy team.

I miss the days of Sportsnet Vancouver. Just Donny and Jody Vance. Not this pro east production bullshi$. I am so sick of hearing about Auston Matthews. Unfortunately Sportsnet and TSN is all pro Toronto. No offence to anyone out east but I can’t stand easterners and maple leaf fans. That’s just me. 

Archived