The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Jam126 said:

Sorry, it changed direction sharply and that is caused by Kuznetsov hitting it. The only part where there was no contact with the puck was when it hit Markstrom's back.

My only guess is, he hit it with a high stick but then the next player to touch it was Markstrom and as such the high stick is waived off

given it was a goal you’d think that wouldn’t matter but perhaps the detail in the rule? 

This was a learning game.

Canucks played hard, but the Caps had everything go their way. Puck bounces, refs, reviews, goaltending. The Canucks can walk away knowing they’re still young, still learning, playing hard, playing well. Against most teams this effort would’ve been a win. 

Markstrom, awesome game. Hutton awesome game. 

Virtanen had some good stuff. 

Poor Bo, ssssqqqqqquuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzing the stick.... he won’t stop trying, and the puck WILL start going in.

Go Canucks Go!

I believe!!!

Good for Petey.

But we should've gone to overtime .  If even on my 23 inch computer , streamed feed video quality, I can clearly see the puck alter direction when the players stick goes past it, on the above the net view, how does the league, with their professional HD quality mulitple views not see that? 

If it was a matter of the call being he touched the puck  high, but then hit it again when it got below the cross bar, then that may be a different story. But the reason they gave was that the player did not contact the puck at all.

I think Justine may have to reverse a campaign promise. Its obviously being used on the job too much in the NHL.

Forgot to watch this game. Honestly, this is pretty decent for an Edler-less team.

Also, EP now has the record for the most goals by a Canuck rookie centre at 24 goals, beating Ivan Hlinka's record set back in 1981-82, 37 years ago. Watch out record books, Petey's comin' for you.

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

The league needs to come out and make a public apology for that review mess up. 

Wtf? Is it 10pm back east and they're drunk and completely blind? 

This league has always been anti Vancouver and likely forever will be. 

Boys played well. Loving what I'm seeing from the team. 

Pouliot at fault on 2nd goal but he was really good otherwise. So was Troy. 

They are too busy watching all the hoopla of Matthews contract signing.

5 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Wow Hutty, 28:35 toi amd looked good , way to go , keep it up they are really going to need more of that with Edler out 

Hutton has really stepped up when he's needed to this year in the place of Tanev or Edler.

I don't usually question Greens decisions but. Why sit a young defender who is probably the top D man in Utica and plays big minutes in almost all circumstances.  Instead he plays a depth nhl guy who mostly sits in the press box. Who would be at the top of his game.

4 minutes ago, Shaelon said:

Canucks playoff odds are not so good after these 2 back to back losses, team need to go .500 on this b2b to keep position, but now they need help again. The canucks were at a place 2 games ago where they didnt need outside help, but its back to that again. We now need STL to lose about 3, ARI to lose 2 and COL to lose 3-4 to regain ground. Good news is Vancouver plays alot of these teams still before the end of the season so tons of opportunity to still keep knocking. If COLORADO loses tonight, then Vancouver will retain its playoff position.

Still plenty of hockey left to play. They just need to get hot. If they could go 20-6-2 in their last 28 they might squeek in.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Can everyone shut up about playoff odds.  We're looking good.  We could have come out of that with six points easily.  If we get our bounces, we're easily going to clinch a playoff spot with our last 28 games.

I like your positivity but we've been getting a lot of help from the rest of the teams around us playing like garbage. With that said, I like our odds. 

Archived