The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sorry guys I really don’t see any high stick contact there to be honest..... 

i know it sucks but sometimes you just have to accept that it’s a good goal 

even if it wasn’t counted we might not have scored the second one .....

12 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

This is sooo ridiculous!!  You can clearly see he tips it and every announcer, even on the other stream acknowledges that he tips it!  Does the NHL not have this video review to look at, or is there a new rule where if the player only slightly tips it it's a good goal!?!?!  I'm sooo confused :blink:

Just now, kirk mcleans baby said:

This is sooo ridiculous!!  You can clearly see he tips it and every announcer, even on the other stream acknowledges that he tips it!  Does the NHL not have this video review to look at, or is there a new rule where if the player only slightly tips it it's a good goal!?!?!  I'm sooo confused :blink:

"just the tip" doesn't really count does it??

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Say sorry to the Canucks.

Starting at 1:12 the overhead replay.  The puck clearly changes direction when his stick hits it (just barely).  Even the Washington announcers admit it on tape!

4 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

How do you not see the tip there?!  The puck clearly changes angles slightly when it's going above the net!  Even the announcers saw and called when he tipped it!  You might need to get glasses maybe?! :mellow:

If you guys watch the replay before the overhead one, you’ll see the puck bounce off the net and change direction to the right. When then looking at the overhead replay, it gives the illusion that there is contact with the stick as it bounces to the right just as he swings at it. There was unfortunately no contact, and therefor a good goal.

Unlucky...

18 minutes ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

Last game was just atrocious. Today was okay, besides the goal ahead goal. 

Both games were a solid effort, what are you talking about? Philly played really good defense and limited the high quality chances last night. Tonight the Nucks came out flat and probably got a Stern talking-to by TG in the locker room before coming out and dominating the 2nd and holding their own in the third. A few unfortunate bounces and a bad call on the high stick goal was the only thing separating the boys from the 'W' tonight.

18 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Missed penalty shot and having Pouliot on our team was the difference tonight 

Bo hasn't seemed himself lately. Earlier in the season he was always made an impact every time he was on the ice. Lately not so much. Maybe he's butt hurt Petterson's success has over shadowed him?

Archived