The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Cody McLeod to Predators for 2020 7th-round pick

With the depth the Pred's have (when healthy), they can afford to have McLeod play limited minutes once the playoffs roll around.  I'm thinking they're sizing up in anticipation of a series with the Jets.

Boyle is a big add for them IMHO, literally and figuratively.  Despite being such a big man, he's a solid skater, good in his own zone, and can chip in offensively in the clutch.

I am shocked. I thought the league was moving towards speed and skill, and away from size and truculence. Poile is considered, by many, to be one of the best GMs out there too. How could he have missed the memo about the change in the league? It's almost as if the playoffs negate the speed and skill or bust narrative,

26 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Nashville's team is tiny and as soft as butter, they needed something to not get pushed around in the playoffs. Boyle was a decent pickup, McLeod not so much. 

Boyle is to replace Watson.  

McLeod feels more like a preventive trade in case a team takes too many liberties - he might not play all that much.  He is not going to be a regular in the lineup but more F13 in case they need him.  He would probably enter for Grimaldi who is the smallest player in the league at 5'6.  They told Grimaldi a few weeks ago to buy a house.

McLeod's wife and kids never left Nashville after he was traded there from Colorado for the 2017 playoffs.  

They initially acquired him because their team was imploding.  They were losing a lot and there were a lot of groups forming - they barely qualified as the 16th team.  He is apparently great in the room and they felt they needed someone to bring the group together.  Was also the reason they brought in Fiddler that year.  It's not an issue anymore.  With Rinaldo out for the rest of the season they have a roster spot for a 13th F.  Salomaki is also on IR.

Archived