The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aucoin spills the beans about ex-Canucks teammates. Best Interview ever

JustNazzy

Nothing to do with this story but Aucoin and Daymond Langkow were neighbors of mine when they played in Calgary. Them and their families lived next door to each other and Aucoin actually sold his house to Ollie Jokkinen when he got traded to Phoenix.Never really got to know them but they all seemed to be good guys.

Ha! Great interview, thanks for sharing!

Aucoin was a solid player for us, and I always thought he was underrated. Loved hearing Mogilny stonewalling Iron Mike. 

But I disagree with anything that says “hard work” and Messier in the same sentence. That guy was a lazy, entitled, POS that nearly destroyed our franchise singlehandly along with his trash buddy Keenan.

Man... we think that the “Real Gud” Willy D era was bad... that Keenan era was truly the darkest time for our franchise.:sick::sick:

Love the spittin’ chiclets, although it’s very Boston biased and biz nasty’s always on the arizona wagon, they make for great real interviews with past and current players, Shane O’brien had a good interview a while back, same with Geoff Courtnall

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Their skill levels were not similar.  Watched both of them play their entire careers.  Bure had an extra gear that not even Mogilny had.  

Mogilny’s 76 goal season and effortless looking play says otherwise. Yes Bure was electric but overall Mogilny was the better player. 

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Would strongly disagree with Messier playing hard.  Laziest piece of garbage to ever disgrace the uniform; made Goldy look like a workaholic in comparison.  Love the Mogilny stories though.

However the biggest disgrace was done by bill good sr in an interview i saw with almo and i wish i could have been there to slap bill in the face, it went like so, BUT this was after Bure went down with his knee injury and for whatever reason almo decided to take it upon himself to take bure's place on himself and for the next 15-20 games or whatever it was just like what was said about him being physical was true and it was like he went into beast mode or something and carried the team, finally he wore out and didn't score and all bill good could talk about was that and at the end i could see something in his eyes of... ummm... a mix of disdain and resignation, after that, you could see his heart had left. I was so soooo mad, i was like wtf? Why not just say congrats for playing like a madman while bure was gone and the slump was a simple sign of burn out and the vancouver media and fans wished we had more of that and THANK YOU! 

but no... let's get dirt dishing on national television instead, all this for, ok nevermind rant over but that's how almo played when he was pissed or challenged or whatever. Gawd that man could snipe, some of those bure-almo goals were the OMFG how did they pull of that when on the same line. A sight to behold that's for sure, oh and bill good? F EW!

12 minutes ago, Bernards said:

It was amazing how Mogilny would always go 5 hole and still score.  lol   So true about Bure not passing. I told him on the board to pass to Murzyn on his next breakaway to keep the goalies honest. I think he did, or more likely, I dreamed it. lol

Uhhhhh... lmao!  What did you drink to have a dream like that? And how was the hangover the next morning? Brutal i'm sure!  :)

Just now, iceman64 said:

Uhhhhh... lmao!  What did you drink to have dreams like that? And how was the hangover the next morning? Brutal i'm sure!  :)

Well...I'm drinking now lol.  But I did post that. Back then maybe we thought there was a possibility of players reading our stuff. I do remember a play when Bure had a partial break a game or two later and instead of busting to the net he pulled to the side and hit Murzyn with a pass. It didn't  look that unusual but......yeah dreaming....whatever.

But Bure shot too much. It could be frustrating at times.  He had his slumps.

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Not surprised about mogilny.  Pat Quinn said he’s the most skilled player he’s ever coached.

not sure why the hell we traded aucoin and a 2nd round pick for cloutier. Horrible trade for a horrible goalie.

He was being nice about messier.  Only he was the one that doesn’t practice.

What are we talking about here? Practice? We are talking about practice man! Practice! Not the game, practice!

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Their skill levels were not similar.  Watched both of them play their entire careers.  Bure had an extra gear that not even Mogilny had.  

Lol, considering Sabre's games were very very rarely televised. Even Canucks games were hard to come by during the early 90's before sportsnet. Im calling you a liar.

Archived