The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames Feb 9th, 7pm HNIC

Zigmund.Palffy

Really looking forward to this one, thanks for the GDT.  If it wasn't such a fixed league, I'd expect the referees to give the same Home Team Love they gave the last 3 US markets. Rather, I expect neutrality and hope for consistency.

GCG! Don't take any manure from the cowboy yuppies.

Dman and forwards need to get their heads and butts in order and start playing better defensively.

They have been atrocious in their defensive zone exits and offensive zone entries. 

Putting way too much weight on Markstrom. Considering he will be carrying the mail for the next few weeks until Thatcher gets healthy, make it easy on him.

Ahhhh, my favorite HNIC matchup :) don’t work tomorrow so will be getting up at 4 am to watch us obliterate this overrated team, and make that cesspool that is calgarypuck go nuts. 

I expect a huge game from EP and Boeser, and a skid ended or Bo. 

Nucks 6-2 Calgary

Boeser x2 

EPx2

Hutton 

Bo

Lindholmx2 (boy is he good) 

lets go nucks!!! 

4 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Ahhhh, my favorite HNIC matchup :) don’t work tomorrow so will be getting up at 4 am to watch us obliterate this overrated team, and make that cesspool that is calgarypuck go nuts. 

I expect a huge game from EP and Boeser, and a skid ended or Bo. 

Nucks 6-2 Calgary

Boeser x2 

EPx2

Hutton 

Bo

Lindholmx2 (boy is he good) 

lets go nucks!!! 

How do you get the game when out of the country ? ( might be in that situation soon )......thanks.

A taste of playoff type hockey? Not really, the Canuck players will play petal to the metal, like they have all season but the Flames will be beginning to think of round one and trying to not get injured in for them is essentially just another game.

Markstrom may get exposed this game as Calgary has a big net presence which will draw a penalty or two.

The outcome really rests on Markstrom.

The reffing is starting to look a little like playoff type management and for all that Canuck fans might think the Nucks get the short end of the stick, really watch and see how much holding, cross checking, slashing and interference doesn't get called.

The Nucks are playing a "full court press" in their own zone, man on man and some teams will figure out using this to a disadvantage eventually, the Nucks count on 3 passes in a row not happening and the entire group anticipating possession and leaving the zone early. Using the "umbrella" on the PP with the Flames could/will end up with a few short handed opportunities.

It will be spirited game, maybe not much hitting though, Bennett and Tkachuk like Roussel will be very noticeable.

JV will have an impact. I like the evolution of the coaching to allow him to play "his" game, now if they would let him have the same line mates and use him and the danger of his speed on the PK.

DiPietro maybe gets a taste if Markstrom falters a bit.

Hard to see that TO is that good that Leivo could not crack their lineup, he was on the cusp for the last 3 years but good on TO for honoring their commitment to move him this year if he still was still not good enough for their team, he comes here and is a top 6 player on this team.

8 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Should be entertaining... but Calgary looks like a way better team. Especially on forward and defence. Lol

That's the exciting thing about hockey. The better team on paper doesn't always win. 

It will be exciting though, it's been do or die, playoff type hockey for them since the All Star break. The results haven't been there but the compete level sure has and they've all been wildly entertaining. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time vs. Chicago!

Archived