WalkWithElias40

[OFFICIAL GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames Feb 9th, 7pm HNIC

Rate this topic

Lose to anyone else.. just dont lose to the shames from the Stench dome. 

Stay out of the box. I hope guddy clocks ketchup and 18 yr ol chin-up a few times. 

Edited by Darius
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The reffing is starting to look a little like playoff type management and for all that Canuck fans might think the Nucks get the short end of the stick, really watch and see how much holding, cross checking, slashing and interference doesn't get called.

Might think? Did you watch the last 3 road games? If you mean play-off type game management consistent with the Nucks/Sharks series awhile back I would agree.

• Upvote 1

I dread to hear the voice of flamer homer Kelly  Hrudey tonight. HNIC cast kinda sucks.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

20 minutes ago, mll said:

Roussel Horvat Goldobin

Leivo Pettersson Boeser

Granlund Sutter Virtanen

Eriksson Beagle Motte

Hutton Stecher

Tanev Gudbranson

Pouliot Biega

The only reasoning that could possibly explain Pouliot in the lineup is we are trying to showcase him ...... to apparently even lower his already rock bottom value 

please dump him and get it over with 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

“We’re playing Calgary on a Saturday night. It’s exciting. There’s a lot to play for and it’s an easy game to get up for. We’ve had some good battles with them; that’s a skilled, hardworking group.” - Boeser

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Might think? Did you watch the last 3 road games? If you mean play-off type game management consistent with the Nucks/Sharks series awhile back I would agree.

Over the years game management has allowed the "weaker" teams more latitude, ever wonder about how the winning team gets a penalty late in a game, like they suddenly got stupid? It isn't happening as much as it used to but it is still happening. Back when Detroit and the Nucks were top teams weaker opposing teams often got away with no penalties late in a game and both the superior teams got late calls against the effect was scores were closer. Van fans can easily remember the Sedins taking a shLt load of crap and not called.

Since the advent of the "loser" point, which was originally sold as an encouragement to prevent playing for a tie, it has had the opposite effect with more teams playing for OT, where the weaker team's talent level is not exposed and only the best players from both teams play giving the illusion of parity. Another outcome of the "loser" point is that a team playing .500 hockey can be a 17 to 28th place team.

Biega better not get 12 minutes of ice time... 

Ffs he was clearly the best player on the ice last game. Release the bulldog. 

Still not sure why we aren't throwing the bank at Quenville... 

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I knew it was concussion related. Poor guy, he can’t catch a break. 

Health first though. Take care of yourself Baer.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I am REALLY looking forward to this one.  Lately it's been radio at work, then rush home with the game on in the car and dash in to catch the last portion on TV. Before that...Shaw issues.   Grr.  Fragmented and stressful viewing at best.

I'm all set for a leisurely event here. 

Clobber the Lames.  GCG

I brought a used PVR for $40 on craigslist.  I don't have to listen to the game on the radio and rush home to watch the rest of game anymore.  It's nice to get home and watch the game from the beginning.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I dread to hear the voice of flamer homer Kelly  Hrudey tonight. HNIC cast kinda sucks.

It seems every Saturday he is all about the Pettersson bandwagon and even though it doesn't bother me it's time for him to move on to someone else and gush about!

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

I hope Jake doesn't score. I am hung over

I don't think you have to worry about it.