Sign in to follow this  
WalkWithElias40

[OFFICIAL GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames Feb 9th, 7pm HNIC

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Would like to see mikey and breeze get a shot tonight 

Breezer was brought in to get some NHL practice and watch from the Press Box. If they were going to play somebody it would have been McEneny. Fact is the seven best defensemen the team has under contract are the seven who were here before Edler got hurt. I would be shocked, short of an injury, if Brisbois got a sniff. The same is true of DiPietro. He's not ready to face NHL shooters, and it's not fair to play him before he's ready, perhaps damaging his confidence and stunting his development. He is here as an emergency backup.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

9ffba6e484910f040002d15a53ca537baa83ae79

That’s close. If you could find a pic where the guy is about 85-125lbs heavier, then you’d have it. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Breezer was brought in to get some NHL practice and watch from the Press Box. If they were going to play somebody it would have been McEneny. Fact is the seven best defensemen the team has under contract are the seven who were here before Edler got hurt. I would be shocked, short of an injury, if Brisbois got a sniff. The same is true of DiPietro. He's not ready to face NHL shooters, and it's not fair to play him before he's ready, perhaps damaging his confidence and stunting his development. He is here as an emergency backup.

True , valid points 

• Upvote 1

I didn't read all the Post game comments after the last few games, but I was just thinking, we have been throwing a lot of rubber at the net and just haven't got the results.  Which, if we are going to lose games, its nice to know that we at least are trowing pucks on net.  Its been an issue over the last few years where we lose and finish a game with 20 or fewer shots.  Just my 2 cents! hope it continues tonight!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

This was so creative and amazing. However, the funniest part is Tostito “torts said they are going to start those idiots so we had to match that”!! Lol he called himself an idiot lol

8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Same defense? :picard:

Defense wasn’t our problem the last 3 losses. PP got us one big goal when we needed 2 more

• Upvote 1

WE have to win tonight, we dont want to give STL an opportunity to take a potential 4 pt lead over the canucks in the standings, once we get closer to march, any point gap becomes harder to overcome. A win tonight keeps them in a tie with STL, and we can pray for a STL loss tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Bring Dick Irvin back for a few shows. Frickin CBC.  I love a little nostalgia once in a while. If we gotta have the “right” side of Cherry, why not balance it out with the “left” side of Irvin. 

I’ve been predicting Canuck losses lately and I’ve been right. Tonight I say we win. Calgary is ripe for the picking and no better team to do it than us!  

Blues won... We are well back of the wildcard now...

Have to win this to stay in the race 

$500,000 bonus to first Canuck to punch Tkachuk in his rat face. 

This is an interesting game. If I was GM JB I would be using this game as an evaluation game as a potential first round match up.

This game would help me decide on a sell or neutral trade deadline.

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

$500,000 bonus to first Canuck to punch Tkachuk in his rat face. 

Ha!

Anyone but Guddy gets killed once Tkatchuk bounces back.

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Ha!

Anyone but Guddy gets killed once Tkatchuk bounces back.

Schaller and Roussel even Hutton could hold their own not like Tkachuk is a superheavyweight or anything. Would be a long reach for Schaller from the press box though. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, apollo said:

Blues won... We are well back of the wildcard now...

Have to win this to stay in the race 

only 2 pts back, but a win tonight is a must, to stay tied. STL plays NSH again tomorrow and i'm hoping that NSH is hungry enough for a win, so I hope STL loses tomorrow to cut the Games in hand back. MIN also plays tomorrow, and if they lose, that'll cut the gap down to 2 pts.

• Upvote 1