The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 09, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Marky is playing like a vezina candidate. They way he's playing, Demko might have to wait a little longer.

Funny you should say this... I was literally thinking the same thing....

Somewhere Demko is sitting, thinking his road to the NHL is getting longer and longer...

28 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

I didnt get that as well. Gudbranson was absolutely AWFUL tonight (just like most other nights). Its just one turn over after the other. 4 million $ worth of garbage

With that in mind, he is the only player on this Canucks team, that stops Tkachuk from taking the liberties, he normally takes.

Flames are a big tough team, and we don't have many players, who can match them...especially with they fists.

Until we have another tough player in the same league as Guddy, his place is safe on this team.

By end of season I'd like to see a lineup something like this hoping we make the playoffs of course

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-Virtanen

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen

Motte-Beagle-Gaudette

(Assuming Baertschi doesn't come back)

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Guddy

Marky

Demko

Trade Granlund he is useless

2 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

McDavid's rookie season was also his draft +1, whereas Pettersson's was his draft +2.

Pettersson 4th player in last 25 years to reach 50 PTS in 50 games in rookie season. Three other players are Crosby, Ovetjkin and Malkin. 

I'd like to see Brisebois next game. It can't hurt, I mean seriously. It doesn't get much worse on the 3rd pair.

Good lord the second period had to be the most frustrating period to watch this season. Everytime the Canucks got the puck they turned it over.

I guess most of you don't think to ask yourselves where the forwards are when the D are having trouble moving or clearing the puck. The team is trying to play an up tempo, north/south system that seems to be more than 2/3 of the D have the skillset for; hence the struggle against high pressure and/or fast, heavy forechecking teams. There's more to it than just "ermagerd the D suck".

Fun game. Hard fought win.

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

Pettersson 4th player in last 25 years to reach 50 PTS in 50 games in rookie season. Three other players are Crosby, Ovetjkin and Malkin. 

Yeah but McDavid and Matthews were 18 in their rookie year, whereas Petey was 19/20. It doesn’t take away anything from Petey (Ovi and Malkin were also 19/20), but it’s important to add context into stats. Petey is top 3 with McD and AM in future of the league players. 

43 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yeah but McDavid and Matthews were 18 in their rookie year, whereas Petey was 19/20. It doesn’t take away anything from Petey (Ovi and Malkin were also 19/20), but it’s important to add context into stats. Petey is top 3 with McD and AM in future of the league players. 

It feels so odd that we have something this nice. 

4 hours ago, Outsiders said:

By end of season I'd like to see a lineup something like this hoping we make the playoffs of course

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-Virtanen

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen

Motte-Beagle-Gaudette

(Assuming Baertschi doesn't come back)

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Guddy

Marky

Demko

Trade Granlund he is useless

Granlund has been used in all situations i believe.... o.O

44 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It feels so odd that we have something this nice. 

Agreed, I keep waiting for the bubble to burst.  I guess we will see next year. If he doesn't have a sophomore slump it will be amazing. He's wrapped the Calder and there is still a quarter season to go. 

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

REALLY pleased with this W..but,

can we go up against the Sharks with this D-lineup? Give the kid a shot.

Sit Motte(rest) for one game. Put Biega in his place. Dress 7 D?

Last night it showed why Biega sits as the 7th D on this team. Brisbois should draw in against SJ, at the expense of Biega or Pouliot. Motte does not need rest for one game.

6 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Last night it showed why Biega sits as the 7th D on this team. Brisbois should draw in against SJ, at the expense of Biega or Pouliot. Motte does not need rest for one game.

yeah, I love Biegas energy but oof, some of those passes :picard: 

I hope GB has had enough of a good showing in practice to make the lineup next game. 

Archived