The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 09, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Yahoo!!!!!

Gritty win! The Marky was in the Zone! Remember when Benning picked The Marky over Lack???

Great penalty killing! You could sense the determination after The Brock’s phantom trip and Beigas unfortunate penalty that the PK didn’t want to give up a goal.

i thought the power play looked better, just no result. Stetcher finally on there is damn exciting! He has no apprehension skating the puck in instead of the drop pass.

Anyone notice how Tachuck wasn’t his usual a-hole self. I wonder if the refs and/or Grubranson said something to him. In fact I thought the flames in general weren’t doing much bs stuff. Maybe Hamonics face reminded them!

Time to sit Pouliet and/or Beiga, let Brisboise play and put Tanev back on the other side. And time to either buy or trade for another AHL goalie. We’re gonna burn out The Marky like before.

Beagle and Roussell, once again, great signing. Motte, strong game. 

Go Canucks Go!!!

i believe!!!

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Rous isn't very big, is he?  Plays big.

Yeah, noticed that. Surprising how narrow he is across the shoulders. Looks almost like him and Petey could share suit jackets. 

But to quote Twain: “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” 

Or in this case, it’s the size of the fight in the rooster. ;) 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

When a powerplay stands still all season long....you have to think there is some coaching involved there....  Also zone entry is coaching big time. 

The Chicago game made that stand out to me. Chicago moved around the entire zone and you never knew who was where. The Canucks stand in their painted imaginary boxes!

5 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Yahoo!!!!!

Gritty win! The Marky was in the Zone! Remember when Benning picked The Marky over Lack???

Great penalty killing! You could sense the determination after The Brock’s phantom trip and Beigas unfortunate penalty that the PK didn’t want to give up a goal.

i thought the power play looked better, just no result. Stetcher finally on there is damn exciting! He has no apprehension skating the puck in instead of the drop pass.

Anyone notice how Tachuck wasn’t his usual a-hole self. I wonder if the refs and/or Grubranson said something to him. In fact I thought the flames in general weren’t doing much bs stuff. Maybe Hamonics face reminded them!

Time to sit Pouliet and/or Beiga, let Brisboise play and put Tanev back on the other side. And time to either buy or trade for another AHL goalie. We’re gonna burn out The Marky like before.

Beagle and Roussell, once again, great signing. Motte, strong game. 

Go Canucks Go!!!

i believe!!!

I go to quite a few flames games these last few years (friend has season tickets) and this was a pretty normal game for him.

27 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Good on ya for quitting. I never even came close to starting as I always hated every cigarette I had. 

its a bit weird, I can't stand how they smell anymore and yet I still crave them from time to time. Haven't had one since 2008.

4 minutes ago, cory40 said:

The Chicago game made that stand out to me. Chicago moved around the entire zone and you never knew who was where. The Canucks stand in their painted imaginary boxes!

The problem I've occasionally seen is that when we do try to move our feet we end up turning the puck over with an errant or intercepted pass. 

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

The problem I've occasionally seen is that when we do try to move our feet we end up turning the puck over with an errant or intercepted pass. 

Probably the safest way to play with a young group!

Archived