Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Totally agree.  If Eriksson and Gagner both made the same amount of salary, I'd take Eriksson 100/100 times.  Is Eriksson overpaid for what he brings, most definitely.  But if you can't see that Eriksson is a much more complete player than Gagner will ever be, well that's you just hating on the guy for making a lot more money than you and I will ever see.

maybe you'll be the one to explain this argument, giver a try

• Hydration 1

17 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

14:36 avg this year 3rd?

Sounds about right. 11 minutes of 4th line time plus an extra 3 per game on the PK. 

His first season here he was playing top line minutes with the twins trying to 'jump start his offense', so averaging 18 per game. Obviously that never panned out.

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Sounds about right. 11 minutes of 4th line time plus an extra 3 per game on the PK. 

His first season here he was playing top line minutes with the twins trying to 'jump start his offense', so averaging 18 per game. Obviously that never panned out.

He's not a 4th liner nor is he deployed like one. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's not a 4th liner nor is he deployed like one. 

That's what I like abot Green and about the players he's been given.  There's been nights where Petey's line is the 4th line.

• Hydration 1

33 minutes ago, A.V.'s slurp said:

Travis seems to be annoyed by Jeff Patterson's questions just as much as I am.

I think it's Asserson's very presence that's grating on the nerves and his demented radio voice that's an unholy mix of Johnny Carson and a diseased yak. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PRACTICE | Travis Green

The talk about transitioning from the AHL to the NHL and back and forth almost sounds like a slight at Gagner. I could be wrong. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:
4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yawn.   Another cool story/myth.

Heading into last night's game...

Edler has played 889 minutes this year.

Gud had played 938.

Tanev also turns the puck over with more frequency = 32 turnovers vs 21 - with only 112 more minutes this season than Gubranson.

Do the simple math as opposed to theGuardian shizz-goggles spin.

Suggesting a troll do the math is a bit like suggesting your dog play the piano. At best, all you will get is some random noise.

You see, it is like this, you take the number of minutes played and DIVIDE them by the number of games, this gives you the average icetime per game.

If you like since 2016/2017 to date

Edler - 4241 minutes

Gudbranson - 2505 minutes

It is the same with give aways and take aways Guddy 6 takes and 21 gives, Tanev 21 takes and 32 gives. Context.

Your post is a little like, and the score is Winnipeg 5 …..

You see the way you posted the numbers had no context, 2505 minutes in 3 seasons is clearly #8 or 9 dman or worse.

Educating the less endowed is the duty of …..

:roflmao:

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Haha 2

Great game

Marky is best,

EP40 turned the game,

Boeser already came back.

Bull Dog is not a NHLer, even he plays hard.

23 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You see, it is like this, you take the number of minutes played and DIVIDE them by the number of games, this gives you the average icetime per game.

If you like since 2016/2017 to date

Edler - 4241 minutes

Gudbranson - 2505 minutes

It is the same with give aways and take aways Guddy 6 takes and 21 gives, Tanev 21 takes and 32 gives. Context.

Your post is a little like, and the score is Winnipeg 5 …..

You see the way you posted the numbers had no context, 2505 minutes in 3 seasons is clearly #8 or 9 dman or worse.

Educating the less endowed is the duty of …..

:roflmao:

image.png.8afd74f00bdbc1a4727af83bd5690c82.png

• Haha 2

Man are we in a good situation. Markstrom is playing lights out. Literally playing like a top 5 goalie in the league and hes only 29. We have Demko in the wings. While we know he will be good, with the way Markstrom is playing now, we have a guaranteed top 5 goalie in the present and i dont know if Demko will be as good as Markstrom is (if Markstrom can continue this level of play). 

We have Hughes and Juolevi but unlike the past when we are hoping guys like Hodgson, Jensen, White pan out, these guys are surefire NHLers. The guys we feel optimistic about like Madden, Woo, Rathbone are probably the same risk level or even better chance to make it compared to our first round busts mentioned above. Hutton and Stecher look great this year. 

Gaudette is also waiting in the wings. One more solid draft this year and a couple key FA signings and we will be set. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Boeser finally looks healthy again. He looks more loose and is skating a lot better. He gonna get paid. 

He sure is, when he goes on attack mode, you can see the strength is back.

5 hours ago, guntrix said:

Exactly. 

People will deny it but it's true that expectations have been tempered compared to what people were saying when he got here. 

Guddy's not a top 4 d-man, and he's shown it in his time here. It's telling that both Pouliot and Hutton have played better without him. It's also telling that the only way you can keep his head above water is by pairing him with one of our top-2 d-men. 

At the end of the day, even if one decides to conveniently ignore his stats, he doesn't even pass the eye test on most nights. It doesn't matter how fervently one defends him, his play on the ice is what really matters. 

I think if we had a solid top 3, guddy would fill out the 4th spot just fine. 

Problem is, canucks have Edler (2D at best), Tanev (2D), and then 5D to 7D.

Imagine we were Nashville or SJ and had the likes of Karlsson, Burns, vlasic. I think guddy would be fine in the 4th spot.

Even if canucks had a bona fide 1D, things would look  different. 

I. E. 

Karlsson Tanev

Edler Gudbranson 

Hutton Stecher

• Like 1

Boy I'd kill to squeeze into the 2nd wild card and face off versus Calgary in the first round. 

Can you smell it?! Upset! 

For the record the 2004 Canucks would easily beat Calgary and go on to the cup final had the old boys club not handed Bertuzzi a knee jerk extreme suspension. He shoulda been suspended for all the regular season. No longer. He didn't clone himself and jump on top and make a pile pressuring Moore's neck. 

2004 Canucks are Stanley Cup Champions in my books.