The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In which game will EP40 beat Bure's rookie record?

Nuke

16 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Hell of a list.  Kent Nilsson would have been a Hall of Famer if his NHL career hadn't been so brief.

Cant understand how he didnt win the Hart with 131 points for the Flames one season...Was Lemieux playin...?

25 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Cant understand how he didnt win the Hart with 131 points for the Flames one season...Was Lemieux playin...?

If you're serious, that was the beginning of Gretzky's prime (Gretzky set the record for points in one season for the first of several times).  But he was third in scoring with a big lead over Bossy in 4th place and deserved better than 8th place in Hart voting.  He had a brief but excellent career in the WHA as well and was a significant factor in the Oilers' 1987 Cup win.

25 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Gretzky.  I think it might have been his rookie year but can’t remember.  Gretzky was also a huge fan of the Magic Man.  No Calder, no Art Ross (he tied Dionne in less games and one or two fewer goals), but started his Hart/Pearson run which was barely interrupted until he went to LA and then Lemuiex took over for a bit. Luit and Yzerman were the only other guys to get their names on either of those trophies until Lemuiex got a few.  

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Gretzky.  I think it might have been his rookie year but can’t remember.  Gretzky was also a huge fan of the Magic Man.  No Calder, no Art Ross (he tied Dionne in less games and one or two fewer goals), but started his Hart/Pearson run which was barely interrupted until he went to LA and then Lemuiex took over for a bit. Luit and Yzerman were the only other guys to get their names on either of those trophies until Lemuiex got a few.  

My homeboy Mike Liut, another guy I think shouldn't be completely left out of Hall of Fame discussions.  His Pearson award is about as forgotten as Bob MacMillan's Lady Byng.

Archived