Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Ducks fire head coach Randy Carlyle

Rate this topic

my only regret is that we couldn't have been the team that beat them prior to his firing. We were on a run there. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is Pierre having too much Baileys?

Is that even possible?

20 minutes ago, gurn said:

Is that even possible?

Only if alcohol poisoning is achieved, otherwise no. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Whoa the big story is Murray acting as the coach. 

Contract year?  No PP time for you.  I don’t want to pay for those inflated stats. ;)

• Haha 4

Murray should also take a long look in the mirror, management let go two young defenseman that fit the current bill, small, mobile and skilled in Theodore and Vatanen.  Plus they have Manson, Montour and Fowler.  One was left unprotected (head scratcher) the other was part of a lopsided trade.   Somehow they were both getting younger so they’d be ready when their core started failing (which it has except for Getzlaf, but he’s had a hard time staying healthy) and up until this year a consistent playoff threat.  Where is the team that beat EDM for the Conference Finals two years ago?  Oh wait, Vatanen and Theodore are gone and Kesler and Perry are mailing it in (at a ripe old age of say what again?).  Plus they got Rakell and Gibson too.  How many young guys do we have in our lineup in comparison, and these guys are/were battle tested, a short year away from been called contenders. 

This is now looking like a tank job but it really isn’t, that simply can’t score goals.  Still pretty good at preventing them (at least their goalie is), which makes one wonder what the heck is happening.  It was expected they’d be rebuilding soon, and they secretly have been, but I won’t be happy if they get Hughes and somehow spring back to the top of our division for another ten years.  

• Upvote 2

I can’t imagine why they would fire him. Outrageous!

Now that the team is in complete disarray, what will it take to get Nick Ritchie off their hands?  

Ritchie   Petey   Brock

That's what I wanna see...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Now that the team is in complete disarray, what will it take to get Nick Ritchie off their hands?  

Ritchie   Petey   Brock

They need to rebuild - they need to find a way to replace their slower vets with youth.  It's doubtful they move young players unless they get an equally young player in return.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

This aged so well.

Well I for one think it was most certainly good for both parties. Kes now has one of the worst contracts in the league if not the worst. He did get a chance to play for a better team for a short while and the canucks got higher draft picks than they would have had with kes in the mix.  

4 minutes ago, mll said:

They need to rebuild - they need to find a way to replace their slower vets with youth.  It's doubtful they move young players unless they get an equally young player in return.  

That is true.  Obviously they would want a young piece going the other way.  Question is what young piece can we give up?  Getting a young left wing power forward to play with our superstars would go a long way to get us back in contention.  Other than Hughes and Woo I'd give up any one of our other young defencemen for Ritchie.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ritchie   Petey   Brock

I hope Goldobin would be enough to get the convo started. The Ducks have stagnant O and one of the slowest teams in the game. Ritchie is just a whole lot of what makes them so one dimensional. At least Goldobin gives them a lil excitment. They have a similar stat line however Ritchie gives you those intangibles. 

Something along the lines of Goldy + 3rd.

Edited by hammertime

Image result for squidward looking out window

Kesler watching the Canucks and their young stars...

Edited by J-23
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Nooks said:

Whoa the big story is Murray acting as the coach. 

Contract year?  No PP time for you.  I don’t want to pay for those inflated stats. ;)

I doubt anyone on that team has inflated stats.

14 hours ago, Darius said:

I wonder if Kesler will give Anaheim a 2 team trade list soon....maybe including an up and coming team with a good young core where he might have a chance to win in the next 2-3 years...

Kesler Silfverberg for Eriksson Granlund.

I honestly believe that makes the Canucks better.

Silfverberg Pettersson Boeser
Leivo Horvat Roussel (Would love for Baertschi to slot in that LW)
Virtanen Kesler Goldobin
Sutter Beagle Motte

Anaheim does it because Eriksson NTC runs out, and can be exposed.

Edited by 5Fivehole0

15 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Kesler in 2014 -   :picard:

DzEFMGmUcAAC70P.jpg

Isn't it funny that we are now closer to winning a cup than the ducks? LOL