-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

i doubt he gets any game time

he is depth in case someone else cannot play

a reward for his good showing in utica

Perhaps they are going to sit Goldy to give him a look? Can't wait to see him. Recently came off a 3 point night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He deserves to be called up, his play in Utica dictated that!

I hope the other players on both the Comets and the Canucks take note

The 6’4″ and 210 lbs forward has posted seventeen goals and twenty-five assists in forty-nine games this season. He has surpassed his goal, assist, and point totals from last season and has done so by being an effective player in all three zones. MacEwen has really shown all the things this year that the Canucks targetted him for as a free agent prospect. His development has been a really encouraging story, going from an undrafted player to earning this call-up.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/02/10/canucks-recall-f-zack-macewen-from-the-utica-comets/?

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

I hope they don’t assume he has to be a checker. Put him with Horvat and Leivo and give him a chance, we need good wingers 

yes....x10,  ^ this

• Like 1

I hope he will show more than Alexandre Grenier did back in 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.

Both player have a bit the same profile, but Zack seems to have slightly better numbers in AHL level and is also younger. I really hope it will work for him in the NHL =)

• Like 1

Pretty excited to see this kid. Haven't seen him play, but from what I've read and heard if he does get in, brings elements this team definitely could use going forward. Hope he shows well in whatever time he may get.

Image result for fight fight fight gif

I know Zack has more to his game but a man can dream he flattens someone who so much as looks at Petey ;) 

• Thanks 1