The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's not his game, nor is there a need for that role anymore.  Fighting is gone

Not yet it isn't. It is dying away but there are still scraps. Mainly I'm hoping Zack can play with Elias and be counted on to make sure the super swede doesn't get too badly mauled.

3 games in 4 nights after this SJ game; nice hard schedule, and in the division, somewhat similar to the playoffs.

Should provide a good opportunity to sort the pretenders from the players.

Only 15 days left until the trade deadline.

I could live without Goldy and whichever yutes JB decides to trade.

I think it would be cool to reward this team with a good LW and a good RD.

We would have to, but we can afford to, give up Goldy and some others.

Less, if guys like MacEwen can make the lineup.

Who knows, with Hughes and maybe Dahlen, the team could start to round out.

Then, make the playoffs and knock out the Flams in the first round.

See where it goes after that.

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Basically, what I meant was I don’t think Green likes Goldobin’s game all that much. 

that's fair enough - although I'm not sure anyone should be satisfied with it.

I think Green has done a good job of expecting more of Goldobin - and fairly so.  Goldobin has had a few short impressive stints this year, but highly inconsistent efforts.

I still think that Goldobin is a 'young-minded' person - one that it sometimes pays off to be patient with.

Just now, gurn said:

Not yet it isn't. It is dying away but there are still scraps. Mainly I'm hoping Zack can play with Elias and be counted on to make sure the super swede doesn't get too badly mauled.

There are the odd fight, most of which is in the heat of the moment now.  To be more succinct, the enforcer is gone now.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's terrifying........I agree with you.

whats terrifying lol sutter guddy biega granlund eriksson schaller pouliot  tanev bring lil or no offense to vancouver  and take up 24 mill combined in  cap   basically 2 elite  players salaries  wasted  give youngsters a chance sink or swim  unload these vets asap please

Just now, oldnews said:

that's fair enough - although I'm not sure anyone should be satisfied with it.

I think Green has done a good job of expecting more of Goldobin - and fairly so.  Goldobin has had a few short impressive stints this year, but highly inconsistent efforts.

I still think that Goldobin is a 'young-minded' person - one that it sometimes pays off to be patient with.

I'm not ready to cut bait on Goldy yet, so long as he continues to be in good spirits and wants to learn and improve.

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

jake drives the play with his skating and hes better than sutter

I love Virtuzzi, but comparing him to Sutter is off imo - very different players - and a role that as good as JV is, he will probably never be able to play.

Sutter is an elite shutdown center.  JV is a developing two-way winger - I don't see the point in claiming he's 'better' than Sutter - or even those other wingers for that matter - again very different types of players.

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

whats terrifying lol sutter guddy biega granlund eriksson schaller pouliot  tanev bring lil or no offense to vancouver  and take up 24 mill combined in  cap   basically 2 elite  players salaries  wasted  give youngsters a chance sink or swim  unload these vets asap please

aaaaaand you're back

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm not ready to cut bait on Goldy yet, so long as he continues to be in good spirits and wants to learn and improve.

exactly.  Larionov made a few comments as though expecting more opportunity - but haven't really gotten that vibe from Goldobin thankfully.  He really has nothing to complain about - and if anything, has had inflated production via his situational opportunities.   He just needs to play harder without the puck, quite simply.   Guys that don't get that deserve the pushback they get from people that expect more of them.   It paid off well for Baertschi.....Goldy is fortunate that injuries have provided him with perhaps more opportunity than he's necessarily earned this year.   At the same time, he could easily have another half-dozen goals this season - he's been as unlucky as anyone where goalposts, insane saves, etc have been concerned.

37 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I agree Granlund is the obvious healthy scratch.

I'd swap Leivo and Goldobin though.

Leivo’s been on fire so I’d keep him with Pettersson and Boeser. Playing with Horvat and MacEwen would be good for Goldobin. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

exactly.  Larionov made a few comments as though expecting more opportunity - but haven't really gotten that vibe from Goldobin thankfully.  He really has nothing to complain about - and if anything, has had inflated production via his situational opportunities.   He just needs to play harder without the puck, quite simply.   Guys that don't get that deserve the pushback they get from people that expect more of them.   It paid off well for Baertschi.....Goldy is fortunate that injuries have provided him with perhaps more opportunity than he's necessarily earned this year.   At the same time, he could easily have another half-dozen goals this season - he's been as unlucky as anyone where goalposts, insane saves, etc have been concerned.

so true

11 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

3 games in 4 nights after this SJ game; nice hard schedule, and in the division, somewhat similar to the playoffs.

Should provide a good opportunity to sort the pretenders from the players.

Only 15 days left until the trade deadline.

I could live without Goldy and whichever yutes JB decides to trade.

I think it would be cool to reward this team with a good LW and a good RD.

We would have to, but we can afford to, give up Goldy and some others.

Less, if guys like MacEwen can make the lineup.

Who knows, with Hughes and maybe Dahlen, the team could start to round out.

Then, make the playoffs and knock out the Flams in the first round.

See where it goes after that.

Before the Baer relapse, maybe.  I don't see it now and there's a chance Baer isn't coming back for awhile.

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

aaaaaand you're back

sorry these vets bring no offense  and arent that good defensively. most are horrible signs by benning  

tanev has no  offense no grit  lets players skate by him to score in overtime i could have stopped that guy in peewee 

pouliot is a tire fire

biega is a ahl  plug

guddy is gritty but has horrible advanced stats 

sutter makes 4.4 mill  for 7 points is injury prone and isnt that good

granlund is decent 

schalleris a wasted of 1.9 mill bury that horrible signing in utica 

eriksson 6 mill a yr for 3rd -4th line  defensive player in final chapter of career

same waste of 24 mill in cap 

could  pay for karlsson and a marner type  forward

id rather this lineup just need 2 right dmen 

goldy petersson boeser

baertchi horvat marner

virtanen gaudette roussel

motte beagle mcewen

leivo 

edler karlsson 

hughes 

juloevi

hutton 

marky 

demko

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's not his game, nor is there a need for that role anymore.  Fighting is gone

First part yes, second part no. Especially in the playoffs where tempers flare and gloves drop. 

The game is trending towards less fighting but it will never truly be gone.

Archived