The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Dude, Zack is better than archie in a lot of ways, even putting him in the category is an insult. Guy has skill first and grit second that happen to be equal measure but just because he has grit to go along with a pretty good skillset does not relagate him automatically to 3-4th line duty for the rest of his life as many folk here would think. His skillset imo is 2nd line which is no stretch of the imagination.

Big Mac is closer to Blake Wheeler than Archie.  

Anyone know whats up with Baer? 

Bad feeling in my gut some symptoms came back after the Colorado game. All I've seen so far was Coach Green saying he stayed back in Colorado, wasn't feeling well the morning after the game and was travelling home to see the doc.. Am I out to lunch here or that the basic jist of it? 

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Bad feeling in my gut some symptoms came back after the Colorado game. All I've seen so far was Coach Green saying he stayed back in Colorado, wasn't feeling well the morning after the game and was travelling home to see the doc.. Am I out to lunch here or that the basic jist of it? 

My guess is that the altitude bothered him so they sent him home just to be safe. 

There are so many gems to call up now. With their recent drafting, you expect it'll be this way for a long time.

From the avg fan, to the hardcore, armchair GM, it becomes a much more interesting franchise to follow. Eventually they'll have to manage an over-surplus of assets. This is how you can turn a team into a powerhouse-organization that carries into decades.

Add a beautiful city/passionate fanbase to that mix. Helps draw & motivate talent. Good times are in store.

Goldobin   Pettersson   Boeser

Leivo         Horvat         Virtanen

Roussel    Sutter          MacEwen

Motte        Beagle        Eriksson

That 3rd line is gonna be heavy and sweet.  I'd like to see Gaudette eventually replace Sutter on that 3rd line.  There is a chance MacEwen never goes back to Utica.  Let's hope he gets the Gordie Howe hattrick in his first game and forces Green to keep him in the lineup.  

I still remember when Gino got called up and played his first game.  He never went back either.  

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There are so many gems to call up now. With their recent drafting, you expect it'll be this way for a long time.

From the avg fan, to the hardcore, armchair GM, it becomes a much more interesting franchise to follow. Eventually they'll have to manage an over-surplus of assets. This is how you can turn a team into a powerhouse-organization that carries into decades.

Add a beautiful city/passionate fanbase to that mix. Helps draw & motivate talent. Good times are in store.

Now if we could only do something about the Canadian government taxing issue... 

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Goldobin   Pettersson   Boeser

Leivo         Horvat         Virtanen

Roussel    Sutter          MacEwen

Motte        Beagle        Eriksson

That 3rd line is gonna be heavy and sweet.  I'd like to see Gaudette eventually replace Sutter on that 3rd line.  There is a chance MacEwen never goes back to Utica.  Let's hope he gets the Gordie Howe hattrick in his first game and forces Green to keep him in the lineup.  

I still remember when Gino got called up and played his first game.  He never went back either.  

Id rather see big mac with boes and petey, since big mac would not be shy to throw down against guys taking liberties on his teammates.

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Leivo - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldy - Horvat - MacEwen

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

That would make me very happy. Excited to see MacEwen regardless. 

Perfect. Send Granlund down to Utica or ship him for a 2nd ---- (wishful thinking).

35 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

He's trying to find his purpose in life.

It'll all come together once we get rid of him.

For those who haven't followed him since we signed him, please be patient.  He is a late-bloomer who didn't even make major junior hockey until he was something like 18. 

In every league so far, it's taken him a year to get his footing, then he establishes himself and starts to produce.  The NHL likely won't be any different.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

I'll retract that, I wouldn't say he's as fast as JV but he's no slouch for sure

Was made just a couple of hours ago but as you can see his strong skating ability is evident. Reminds me of a Miles Wood kind of player

Wow. Very impressive. If he can improves his hands a bit (still very good for a big man at his age), he could potentially be dominant.

VERY excited to see him progress. I'd be shocked if he started in the top 6... assuming he doesn't, lets hope he can escape Green's checking line quickly.

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

it's funny how some players get the chance, while others get the vapour.

MacEwen in for Granlund...what good is the depth if they don't use it...it gives Granlund a rest, and Zach a chance.

My thoughts exactly! It'll be nice to see MacEwan in during games against the heavier teams as Granny, as much as I like him sometimes, gets thrown around more often than not.

A bit fed up with the Tanev/Guddy experiment as well. Give Brisebois a game!

7 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

Yes, ruthless.

but i've never had SvenBar in my long term plans.

i know many people seem to like him though.

No worries i never thought he was a long term solution either, i think he would have been a trade prospect packaged with someone else... until this concussion bs.

Archived