The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Baertschi placed on IR https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

And this kid could actually play games. I don't see how he couldn't replace Schaller or Granlund.

Ah gotcha, damn Baertschi is done... I'm excited to see him play, he'll get a game for sure ahead of those two.

50 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

And this kid could actually play games. I don't see how he couldn't replace Schaller or Granlund.

Granlund? doubtful.. he doesn't hit, fight or score much, but doesn't take penalties or make glaring mistakes.. plus he's got a lot of experience, decent PK man

Schaller? 

Ssschhhaller, Schaller, Schall...  Oh Yah THAT guy.. he's dead to me..

well maybe not but you get my drift 

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

I hope they don’t assume he has to be a checker. Put him with Horvat and Leivo and give him a chance, we need good wingers 

If Jake is in the bottom 6 99% of the time I assume Zack will be going onto our 4th line...hopefully for Eriksson!

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

I think he gets a shot, they'll promote Motte up the ladder and play Zach on the 4th line with limited minutes to start. This might be how Virtanen gets top-six minutes, though, after last nights game, I think he needs some press box time.

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

I hope they don’t assume he has to be a checker. Put him with Horvat and Leivo and give him a chance, we need good wingers 

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I hope he gets more time than Brisebois.

57 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd love to see MacEwen with Horvat and Leivo. That's a heavy line that can skate and score. 

1. My story is that I was just about to predict the Canucks would call up MacEwen but the Canucks announcement came first. ::D

2. So here is another prediction. He will actually play. I would love to see him and Brisebois in the line-up for the next game. Realistically, the Canucks might want MacEwen to watch a game or two and get in a few practices before getting into a game. But the sooner the better from my point of view.

3. The Canucks said yesterday (or was it Friday) that Baertschi would be out for a while. With post-concussion syndrome, even if you feel fine for day-to-day activities, you are highly vulnerable to further problems. Getting a long rest is the best approach and Baer should be cautious. It would not surprise me if he is gone for the season. Giving him a solid 6 or 7 months might be the best way of minimizing the risk of further concussion problems.

4. I would certainly slot MacEwen ahead of Schaller, who has been disappointing this year. And I would also put him ahead of Granlund, who has not been very good lately. Granlund has the advantage that he can slot in anywhere. He can play center or either wing. He can play shutdown, PK, and PP. And he has enough skill to play with top 6 players. The problem is that he does not do any of those things particularly well. He is ok, but that is far as you can go. He is a decent skater but not particularly fast, and he does not contribute much to team toughness or to the physical game. He is fine as 13th man but he does not have a "separating skill".

5. The thing I really like about MacEwen is that he has improved a lot over the season. While I have not watched Utica games, from what I have read and from looking at the numbers it seems that both his offence and his defence have made a lot of progress. And, of course, having another tough guy in the line-up would be a plus. So I would play him in place of Granlund. And I would play Granlund in place of Goldy if Goldy has an off-day or two. (Goldy is still too inconsistent, especially in the D zone.)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing MacEwen play.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No way they sit Loui........he and Beagle are a great shutdown combo

LE would be fine if he made Beagle $, problem is he makes double that. We need to try and offload him somehow in a trade. I know we have cap space but we want to use it to proper use as we will have 20ish Million tied up it EP and Brock in a couple years

Eriksson, was a bad signing there is no way around it, we just have to hope JB can make a good trade to dump him somehow, like how Phaneuf got dumped by the Laffs

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

LE would be fine if he made Beagle $, problem is he makes double that. We need to try and offload him somehow in a trade. I know we have cap space but we want to use it to proper use as we will have 20ish Million tied up it EP and Brock in a couple years

Eriksson, was a bad signing there is no way around it, we just have to hope JB can make a good trade to dump him somehow, like how Phaneuf got dumped by the Laffs

Why do you care what he makes?  The team has no cap issues, no cap issues for the next cpl years at least and you don't pay his salary.  

Archived