The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why do you care what he makes?  The team has no cap issues, no cap issues for the next cpl years at least and you don't pay his salary.  

I do pay to watch them tho, and as a fan we can voice our opinion. No opinion is going to be 100% agreed upon

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I do pay to watch them tho, and as a fan we can voice our opinion. No opinion is going to be 100% agreed upon

And that's fine, but salary shouldn't factor into whether or not, as fan, you like or dislike a player.  If you think he's not a good player, that's fine, but to whine about salary in relation to other players is about as thin as an argument can get.  It pretty much means you've got nothing else 

2 hours ago, Zhukini said:

I hope they don’t assume he has to be a checker. Put him with Horvat and Leivo and give him a chance, we need good wingers 

I doubt so with a million checkers the canucks have right now...sutter , Beagle, motte, Rousell, Granlund, Eriksson etc. lol

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i doubt he gets any game time

he is depth in case someone else cannot play

a reward for his good showing in utica

I don’t know. Green was not happy w Granny’s play, nor enthused with Goldy. There’s enough wingers who are being ho hum for him to get a shot. Also may signal Schaller / Granny moves at the deadline if he shows he can play. 

1 hour ago, Maninthebox said:

Perhaps a line with Rous and Virt. Forget the puck, just go linebacker mode to win faceoffs.

I would love to see him on a line a Roussel and Either Bo or Beagle as the Center. I think having Roussel mentor this kid is exactly what we need for him to develop the right way. He (Roussel) is a gem that a lot of people aren’t giving JB enough credit for. A motor that never quits, hybrid Lappy/Burr and won’t back down from anyone. Zack is a similar player. 

40 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Eriksson, was a bad signing there is no way around it

Erickson was a good signing that turned out poorly. Killed his mojo in his first regular game for the Canucks, never recovered.

Still plays well defensively though.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

he'll probably get the Kero treatment...unfortunately.

Doubt it. At least I hope not. Kero has had looks before whereas this is Mack’s first call up. I think the club wants to see what they have with this kid. I really hope he pans out and doesn’t become another Archie. 

1 hour ago, Glug Datt said:

Granlund? doubtful.. he doesn't hit, fight or score much, but doesn't take penalties or make glaring mistakes.. plus he's got a lot of experience, decent PK man

Schaller? 

Ssschhhaller, Schaller, Schall...  Oh Yah THAT guy.. he's dead to me..

well maybe not but you get my drift 

Not putting goldy on this list makes it incomplete 

21 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I doubt so with a million checkers the canucks have right now...sutter , Beagle, motte, Rousell, Granlund, Eriksson etc. lol

why?  I think they do a great job.  There are very few nights these days were the other teams stars run the table on them.  They are a very effective bottom 6, imo

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Doubt it. At least I hope not. Kero has had looks before whereas this is Mack’s first call up. I think the club wants to see what they have with this kid. I really hope he pans out and doesn’t become another Archie. 

yeah...next four games vs heavy Cali teams....just what the doctor ordered. Hope he plays.

Archived