Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Doubt it. At least I hope not. Kero has had looks before whereas this is Mack’s first call up. I think the club wants to see what they have with this kid. I really hope he pans out and doesn’t become another Archie. 

yeah...next four games vs heavy Cali teams....just what the doctor ordered. Hope he plays.

Just now, Pete M said:

yeah...next four games vs heavy Cali teams....just what the doctor ordered. Hope he plays.

Hopefully Green puts him in a position to succeed ie play him with Horvat. Don’t bury him on the 4th line. 

• Hydration 1

Just now, Pickly said:

Hopefully Green puts him in a position to succeed ie play him with Horvat. Don’t bury him on the 4th line. 

Leivo Petey Boes

Virt Horvat Mac

Roussel Sutter Motte

Granny Beagle Eriksson

I'd like to see that for a game, though, in my world, I'd have Jake with Petey.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

it's funny how some players get the chance, while others get the vapour.

MacEwen in for Granlund...what good is the depth if they don't use it...it gives Granlund a rest, and Zach a chance.

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Leivo - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldy - Horvat - MacEwen

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

That would make me very happy. Excited to see MacEwen regardless. 

I agree Granlund is the obvious healthy scratch.

I'd swap Leivo and Goldobin though.

Green was letting Goldy have it on the bench so perhaps he's had enough or it's due to Baer's situation.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I agree Granlund is the obvious healthy scratch.

I'd swap Leivo and Goldobin though.

Goldy is done, imo

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, aliboy said:

Green was letting Goldy have it on the bench so perhaps he's had enough or it's due to Baer's situation.

Maybe it's finally time to move Goldobin. MacEwen beings size the Canucks top 6 forward group lacks outside Horvat, Virtanen, and Leivo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Goldy is done, imo

He is kind of redundant. Now that I think about it. They need more size at forward.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

He is kind of redundant. Now that I think about it. They need more size at forward.

I"ve been a big supporter of Goldy from the get go, but he's just not getting it.

• Hydration 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I"ve been a big supporter of Goldy from the get go, but he's just not getting it.

He’s not gonna work on this team. The Canucks don’t have a the roster makeup nor a coach who’s willing to see him through and play him to his strengths. You can tell Green is at his wits ends with Goldy.

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

The 4th line doesnt get buried.....theyre often out against the toughest lines.   That's major responsibility

Ya but the guy has been lighting it up

offensively in the A. He clearly has a knack for scoring some goals. Last time I checked outside of 3 players the Canucks have an issue in that department. 

Just now, Pickly said:

He’s not gonna work on this team. The Canucks don’t have a the roster makeup nor a coach who’s willing to see him through and play him to his strengths. You can tell Green is at his wits ends with Goldy.

it's frustrating for them all, I'm sure.  But, they are trying to build a team of players who don't take shifts off and Goldy just can't seem to maintain the intensity he needs to secure his spot in the lineup.  If he's not going to bring it shift after shift, Leivo will.......now Mac.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Pickly said:

Ya but the guy has been lighting it up

offensively in the A. He clearly has a knack for scoring some goals. Last time I checked outside of 3 players the Canucks have an issue in that department. 

For sure, that I understand.  I just didnt agree that playing on the 4th line means you cant be a difference maker. The Canucks are a team that absolutely need a great bottom 6.

But yeah, I get what youre saying.  Play him with Horvat and let him spread his wings and fly a bit rather than get all that D responsibility.  Personally Id love to see what he could do with Virtanen.  Now if only Sutter wasnt the third line c....

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ive come around on Goldy, especially since being scratched.  He's still a young guy and honestly Ive seen him trying to move his legs more often which is great.  He's got such good puck skils and vision that Im happy JB and co. want to develop him into that offensive threat.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

For sure, that I understand.  I just didnt agree that playing on the 4th line means you cant be a difference maker. The Canucks are a team that absolutely need a great bottom 6.

But yeah, I get what youre saying.  Play him with Horvat and let him spread his wings and fly a bit rather than get all that D responsibility.  Personally Id love to see what he could do with Virtanen.  Now if only Sutter wasnt the third line c....

And I get what you were saying too. 4th lines aren’t what they used to be. I just don’t want him to get the ol Willie treatment where he has to start by getting 5 mins a game and ‘earn’ his ice time rather than being given an opportunity to succeed in the points department. Anyways, either way I’m really looking forwards to seeing this guy play. Have been for a while now. 

• Hydration 1