The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I do pay to watch them tho, and as a fan we can voice our opinion. No opinion is going to be 100% agreed upon

On Loui, prob 99.9% of Canuck backers agree. Hopefully it's a FA-lesson they never forget.

It's nice that the team should have a steady stream of ELC's joining, in yrs to come. Certainly offsets such a poor contract.

14 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Forget fights. How many Canucks games have actual body checks?

Goals from Big Mac would be nice but, as long as he plays a strong 2-way game and causes turnovers on the forecheck, wining board battles and throwing his weight around, Green will absolutely love him.

We were out hitting Calgary 26-5 last night the no hitting b.s. is a myth. 

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Why? Is silfv 6'4 and 210 with a bit of a mean streak who can run over guys, who has a offensive upside? We need 2 more players like that so why trade one away?

It was just another silly post imo by that guy (troll?). You are totally correct.  MacEwan is exactly the type of player the Canucks need. Plus JB already stated, many times, he won't trade away the Canucks future. So yes, it was a completely stupid post imo.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

sorry these vets bring no offense  and arent that good defensively. most are horrible signs by benning  

tanev has no  offense no grit  lets players skate by him to score in overtime i could have stopped that guy in peewee 

pouliot is a tire fire

biega is a ahl  plug

guddy is gritty but has horrible advanced stats 

sutter makes 4.4 mill  for 7 points is injury prone and isnt that good

granlund is decent 

schalleris a wasted of 1.9 mill bury that horrible signing in utica 

eriksson 6 mill a yr for 3rd -4th line  defensive player in final chapter of career

same waste of 24 mill in cap 

could  pay for karlsson and a marner type  forward

id rather this lineup just need 2 right dmen 

goldy petersson boeser

baertchi horvat marner

virtanen gaudette roussel

motte beagle mcewen

leivo 

edler karlsson 

hughes 

juloevi

hutton 

marky 

demko

hf worthy.

51 minutes ago, YungWee said:

JV is one of the fastest skaters in the league once he gets going... is Mcewen actually as fast as JV? If so, I'm excited.

I'll retract that, I wouldn't say he's as fast as JV but he's no slouch for sure

Was made just a couple of hours ago but as you can see his strong skating ability is evident. Reminds me of a Miles Wood kind of player

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya well tanev couldnt  proving he should be playing ina pee wee league 

Yeah, you very clearly have no authority to discuss hockey talent. 

Actual play, Tanev was on his 3rd shift in 3 and a half minutes defending one of the top C’s in the league who is difficult to contain at the best of times. And Toews did what Toews does and wins the game. 

There is nothing “simple” about defending a player like that. Completely stupid and juvenile take wadr

58 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I remember seeing Zack live fot  the first time the same day I saw Gaudette and Petey live for the first time as well. It was the summer prospects game at the Rog in the summer of 2017.

Those 3 were the best players on the ice. No kidding. Zack was big fast and tenacious. Very very noticeable. 

Really pleased to see him up with the big club now.  He's gonna be an impact NHL er in his career IMO!!

If he turns out to be Archie but with wheels, we've got a keeper.  The optimists on here think there's more.  That would be awesome.

22 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

If he turns out to be Archie but with wheels, we've got a keeper.  The optimists on here think there's more.  That would be awesome.

Dude, Zack is better than archie in a lot of ways, even putting him in the category is an insult. Guy has skill first and grit second that happen to be equal measure but just because he has grit to go along with a pretty good skillset does not relagate him automatically to 3-4th line duty for the rest of his life as many folk here would think. His skillset imo is 2nd line which is no stretch of the imagination.

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Oreskovich was a beauty. No idea what happened to him. 

Think he had some inuries and concussion issues and wasn't physical enough for AV in that time.

He retired finished his Bachelor's of Business Administration then got his master's at Notre Dame and is now working for RBC as an investment advisor in the Greater Toronto Area last I checked.

Probably into management by now.

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

The 4th line doesnt get buried.....theyre often out against the toughest lines.   That's major responsibility

Agreed Im a fan of kids coming up and playing hard but smaller minutes. Bo got the perfect treatment. 4th line 1st years are ok. Just as long as if they show they should move up they make space to do so. Not many kids from the A should start on the 2nd line.. 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Forget fights. How many Canucks games have actual body checks?

Goals from Big Mac would be nice but, as long as he plays a strong 2-way game and causes turnovers on the forecheck, wining board battles and throwing his weight around, Green will absolutely love him.

Agreed

Archived