Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Forget fights. How many Canucks games have actual body checks?

 

Goals from Big Mac would be nice but, as long as he plays a strong 2-way game and causes turnovers on the forecheck, wining board battles and throwing his weight around, Green will absolutely love him.

Agreed

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Dude, Zack is better than archie in a lot of ways, even putting him in the category is an insult. Guy has skill first and grit second that happen to be equal measure but just because he has grit to go along with a pretty good skillset does not relagate him automatically to 3-4th line duty for the rest of his life as many folk here would think. His skillset imo is 2nd line which is no stretch of the imagination.

Big Mac is closer to Blake Wheeler than Archie.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know whats up with Baer? 

Bad feeling in my gut some symptoms came back after the Colorado game. All I've seen so far was Coach Green saying he stayed back in Colorado, wasn't feeling well the morning after the game and was travelling home to see the doc.. Am I out to lunch here or that the basic jist of it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Anyone know whats up with Baer? 

Bad feeling in my gut some symptoms came back after the Colorado game. All I've seen so far was Coach Green saying he stayed back in Colorado, wasn't feeling well the morning after the game and was travelling home to see the doc.. Am I out to lunch here or that the basic jist of it? 

My guess is that the altitude bothered him so they sent him home just to be safe. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many gems to call up now. With their recent drafting, you expect it'll be this way for a long time.

 

From the avg fan, to the hardcore, armchair GM, it becomes a much more interesting franchise to follow. Eventually they'll have to manage an over-surplus of assets. This is how you can turn a team into a powerhouse-organization that carries into decades.

 

Add a beautiful city/passionate fanbase to that mix. Helps draw & motivate talent. Good times are in store.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goldobin   Pettersson   Boeser

Leivo         Horvat         Virtanen

Roussel    Sutter          MacEwen

Motte        Beagle        Eriksson

 

That 3rd line is gonna be heavy and sweet.  I'd like to see Gaudette eventually replace Sutter on that 3rd line.  There is a chance MacEwen never goes back to Utica.  Let's hope he gets the Gordie Howe hattrick in his first game and forces Green to keep him in the lineup.  

 

I still remember when Gino got called up and played his first game.  He never went back either.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pears said:

My guess is that the altitude bothered him so they sent him home just to be safe. 

Same thing I was thinking.. Coming upfrom sea level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There are so many gems to call up now. With their recent drafting, you expect it'll be this way for a long time.

 

From the avg fan, to the hardcore, armchair GM, it becomes a much more interesting franchise to follow. Eventually they'll have to manage an over-surplus of assets. This is how you can turn a team into a powerhouse-organization that carries into decades.

 

Add a beautiful city/passionate fanbase to that mix. Helps draw & motivate talent. Good times are in store.

Now if we could only do something about the Canadian government taxing issue... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Goldobin   Pettersson   Boeser

Leivo         Horvat         Virtanen

Roussel    Sutter          MacEwen

Motte        Beagle        Eriksson

 

That 3rd line is gonna be heavy and sweet.  I'd like to see Gaudette eventually replace Sutter on that 3rd line.  There is a chance MacEwen never goes back to Utica.  Let's hope he gets the Gordie Howe hattrick in his first game and forces Green to keep him in the lineup.  

 

I still remember when Gino got called up and played his first game.  He never went back either.  

Id rather see big mac with boes and petey, since big mac would not be shy to throw down against guys taking liberties on his teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Id rather see big mac with boes and petey, since big mac would not be shy to throw down against guys taking liberties on his teammates.

Can he play left wing?  If so I am in agreement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally ! Now I need  him to play tomorrow cause I’m going to the game   ::D

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pears said:

Leivo - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldy - Horvat - MacEwen

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

 

That would make me very happy. Excited to see MacEwen regardless. 

Perfect. Send Granlund down to Utica or ship him for a 2nd ---- (wishful thinking).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Anyone know whats up with Baer? 

Bad feeling in my gut some symptoms came back after the Colorado game. All I've seen so far was Coach Green saying he stayed back in Colorado, wasn't feeling well the morning after the game and was travelling home to see the doc.. Am I out to lunch here or that the basic jist of it? 

He's trying to find his purpose in life.

It'll all come together once we get rid of him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who haven't followed him since we signed him, please be patient.  He is a late-bloomer who didn't even make major junior hockey until he was something like 18. 

 

In every league so far, it's taken him a year to get his footing, then he establishes himself and starts to produce.  The NHL likely won't be any different.

Edited by Hutton Wink
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

He's trying to find his purpose in life.

It'll all come together once we get rid of him.

Hardcore on the guy! I'm sure Baer will be back just fine, just going to take some time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Westcoasting said:

Hardcore on the guy! I'm sure Baer will be back just fine, just going to take some time :)

Yes, ruthless.

but i've never had SvenBar in my long term plans.

i know many people seem to like him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odd. said:

I'll retract that, I wouldn't say he's as fast as JV but he's no slouch for sure

 

 

Was made just a couple of hours ago but as you can see his strong skating ability is evident. Reminds me of a Miles Wood kind of player

Wow. Very impressive. If he can improves his hands a bit (still very good for a big man at his age), he could potentially be dominant.

 

VERY excited to see him progress. I'd be shocked if he started in the top 6... assuming he doesn't, lets hope he can escape Green's checking line quickly.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

Hardcore on the guy! I'm sure Baer will be back just fine, just going to take some time :)

I was under the impression he was gone for the rest of the season. I thought i saw out "indefinitely" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pete M said:

it's funny how some players get the chance, while others get the vapour.

MacEwen in for Granlund...what good is the depth if they don't use it...it gives Granlund a rest, and Zach a chance.

My thoughts exactly! It'll be nice to see MacEwan in during games against the heavier teams as Granny, as much as I like him sometimes, gets thrown around more often than not.

 

A bit fed up with the Tanev/Guddy experiment as well. Give Brisebois a game!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit curious as to why they didn't do it after today's game.  Utica could have used him in their OT loss, but maybe the transaction had to be declared earlier in the day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.