The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

This should be a clear indication to this team how far away they really are.

Coming out of the gate, lazy and limp, is unacceptable on the players, and on the coaching staff. 

I fully expect someone to throw a jersey on the ice tonight. That or a chorus of boos erupts in the third when it's 10-1. 

Poor DiPietro ... welcome to the new graveyard!

One thing the last few games shows, that regardless of win / loss is that this team is not yet ready for the playoffs. 

I’m not a tanker but hopefully JB realizes some strategic sales are still wise as we just don’t have enough yet to compete against the best teams. Yes we beat Calgary but it was All Marky nothing else. 

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Sucks for the kid, sucks worse to be a Canuck fan who has to listen to our media and fan base blow this one game out of proportion for the next 3 years.

Glad the fans who are actually at the game are supporting the kid in tough circumstances.  Some so-called "fans" throwing DiPietro under the bus really show why this city was a goalie graveyard for so long.

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

A top 5 all time set up man made a great saucer pass.....  

It's mostly Tanev's fault and I'm not shattin on Guddy this time but he did play that terribly. Not a 2 on 1 video you use to show the kids how to defend.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Sucks for the kid, sucks worse to be a Canuck fan who has to listen to our media and fan base blow this one game out of proportion for the next 3 years.

Indeed. Many goaltenders have terrible first starts, including Markstrom and Schneider. Schneider was 22/23 years old when he played his first season in Vancouver and was very sub-par. It's very rough to get thrown into the NHL at just 19 years of age without even any AHL seasoning. Hopefully Dipietro can shake this one off eventually.

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

What happened to Chris Tanev? I hope this isn't another Hamhuis situation or Bieksa situation when we held onto the player for too long, losing all value.

Trade him at the deadline. I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Should’ve grabbed anybody weeks ago (wasn’t like this was an issue that happened overnight).  Must be some journeymen NHL goalie out there.  Better than to put in a raw rookie like that.  But that’s just my opinion.

Isn't DiPietro like our 4th line goalie?Who could predict so many problems.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yep, blame the 19 year old who's being called up as an emergency and not a terrible defensive effort in front of him.  He's clearly not ready yet but the team should be ashamed of themselves for setting him up to fail

Cmon heff you know better than to punch down lol  this guy is obviously challenged

Mentally+disabled+people+are+too+mentall

1 minute ago, kurtis said:

This team isn't making the post season. We are still rebuilding and clearly can't play with the big boys still. 

Marky in, this is probably a 1 goal game and they'd be playing with a completely different energy.

Archived