The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

compliment, yes, but it's Goldy who will feel the heat of Mac, not jake.

I like that sound of that too. I still think Mac will step in and do a lot of what Jake's being asked to do and that'll put pressure on him, in a good way. To be clear, I'm not one of those that wants Jake out of the lineup (I think having Mac up will be good for him) but I am one of those who wants Jake to have to keep progressing to stay in the lineup 

As long as everyone other than our star players are feeling the heat to stay in the lineup we'll be ok.  

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would think so. Allows Green to put Bo and Jake on the same line. 

I think I’d still rather see Jake play left wing with Pettersson and Boeser.  And play Goldy with Bo and Roussel.  I like the heavy body one each top line.  Plus, Goldy’s elite skill and creativity could help Bo.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think I’d still rather see Jake play left wing with Pettersson and Boeser.  And play Goldy with Bo and Roussel.  I like the heavy body one each top line.  Plus, Goldy’s elite skill and creativity could help Bo.  

me too, but Green doesn't go in for off-wing stuff. I think Jake would be great beside Petey, not only would guys have to worry about Petey's moves and Boeser's shot, then you had better keep your head up with Jake coming in too. Plus his speed. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

me too, but Green doesn't go in for off-wing stuff. I think Jake would be great beside Petey, not only would guys have to worry about Petey's moves and Boeser's shot, then you had better keep your head up with Jake coming in too. Plus his speed. 

@Jimmy McGill

you think Green reads CDC, and will take our (clearly expert) advice?  :frantic:  together we do have a lot more letters is our names.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

@Jimmy McGill

you think Green reads CDC, and will take our (clearly expert) advice?  :frantic:  together we do have a lot more letters is our names.  

I dunno. I see him occasionally at the Olympic Village Urban Fare, maybe I'll go up and let him know what we think he should do. 

53 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

I’d love to see MacEwen get a chance to play with EP40. They could be potential long-term linemates.

Goldobin-EP-MacEwen

Leivo-Horvat-Boeser 

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen 

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

I'm wondering if Coach will put him out there for the first shift being it's his first NHL game.......then if it works....who knows...

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I dunno. I see him occasionally at the Olympic Village Urban Fare, maybe I'll go up and let him know what we think he should do. 

We caught AV on CDC once.    I think Burr had an actual account on here too.

LOL...reminds me of the time my brother and I were seated beside a Buono daughter at the football game.  OMG...my brother..."tell Wally........blahblahblahblahblahblah".  Hilarious.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You can drop my name if you need to convince him.  He looks like an 80’s sitcom fan.  

53 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Yes!! Let's go Mac...Zack-Mac..MacEwen....(what do we call this kid?) Let's see that physicality and energy you promised!

This will be great competition to push Jake. Might also give him, Guddy, and Rous a bit more room to maneuver too! 

Now I'm really excited about those centre ice seats -- Go nucks!

1200px-Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg

I am surprised MacE  gets a look without even a practice with the team - or was he here in time to practice yesterday? Think this morning was an optional skate.

Always good to see the young kids come up and get a feel for the NHL and the bonus - we get to see them play and  all make our own judgement calls -  we all know how to do that. CDC has some of the best ideas going  - some of them almost as good as Greens press conference the other day when he said inbetween the 1st and 2nd period - "let's hem them in our own zone and tire them out " - or something to that effect

Wondering how long Marky can keep up the pace - man he has been stellar.

And we wait for the line up for tonight - who sits? who plays?who plays with whom and for how long?

GCG

9 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

I am surprised MacE  gets a look without even a practice with the team - or was he here in time to practice yesterday? Think this morning was an optional skate.

Always good to see the young kids come up and get a feel for the NHL and the bonus - we get to see them play and  all make our own judgement calls -  we all know how to do that. CDC has some of the best ideas going  - some of them almost as good as Greens press conference the other day when he said inbetween the 1st and 2nd period - "let's hem them in our own zone and tire them out " - or something to that effect

Wondering how long Marky can keep up the pace - man he has been stellar.

And we wait for the line up for tonight - who sits? who plays?who plays with whom and for how long?

GCG

Big body.... Glad if Green gives him an opportunity to show, what he can do... there is one or two players, whos position on the team isn’t cast in stone... the size of MacEwen is very welcome to this group.

Just now, mll said:

The Sharks Ds already have 161pts in 56 games - the Canucks Ds had 122pts last season and have 94pts so far.  

And that offence from the defence is exactly why the Sharks are at the top, and we are near the bottom.  We should absolutely go after EK July 1st.  EK and QH together would get us those much needed points from our D.  We would move to the top. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too re barely made it.

I'm going to leave early today because Richmond drivers are the worst on the best of days...snow is a bit of an adventure park.  I also can say I'm ticked off at the City worker who thought it would be a good idea to sit RIGHT outside my window at 4:30 am, truck idling, lights going as he sat on his cell.  At first, thought maybe he had an issue but no...just was killing time (probably making a fortune too) until a bus and then another city truck pulled up to ask if he needed help.  At which point he bellowed out his window and then moved on. 

I've only seen MacEwen when he was playing in the prospects game but really liked how much he seemed to love the game.  His size too - 6'4"/210+ is always a welcome addition in my books.  The physical edge is an asset and I think he'll bring a bit of that.

Really looking forward to Zac Mac's debut. Hoping for a high impact start. Judging from his highlights in Utica, it'll be refreshing to see a player using his size to box out players and make plays. So stoked!

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And that offence from the defence is exactly why the Sharks are at the top, and we are near the bottom.  We should absolutely go after EK July 1st.  EK and QH together would get us those much needed points from our D.  We would move to the top. 

I'd prefer to spread that money to 2 holes LW and RD - Ferland for $5 and Meyers for $7 = better than one Karlson for $11-12

2 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Defensively he hasn't been good ?!?!??!   This guy is an example to everyone else on the team defensively.  

Got to love his desire to be better, but take it a bit easier on yourself there Petey !

Yeah, it's nice that he has high standards, but we don't want him giving himself an ulcer worrying about how crappy he thinks he is playing. 

Archived