shayster007

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LarsEller said:

What in the fk did i miss tonight? Did we ruin DiPietro? 

Weak  young developing team got schooled / worked  by a more experienced older playoff bound club......

 

Nothing really unexpected...  

 

Move on and get ready for the next game. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

What in the fk did i miss tonight? Did we ruin DiPietro? 

No, but ithink we might have ruined pouliot once and for all. Which isnt a bad thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Hope Green keep MacEwen in for the next one. 

Showed some decent hands and reasonable speed + plus has the size we need 

Agreed. He looked alright out there. Like he can hold his own in the NHL!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, xereau said:

No label skunky bottle found in a field near a firepit used for grad 2012.  Is all he is worth.

Can you take the bottle back for deposit? It matters to me before I thumbs up this move!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Derrick Pouliot's 2-6 Goal:

 

Kind of reminds me of the old Vancouver Grizzlies days when Laurence Moten would score some highlight reel buckets when the game was already well out of reach.:P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You can see the guys who compete easily:

 

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Leivo

Roussel

Beagle 

Motte

Virtanen

 

Edler

Tanev

Hutton

Stetcher

 

Those who at least try to compete:

Ericksson

Sutter

Biega

 

Trade any of the rest until you fill the team with those who compete. If you can trade any of those that try then do it (keep Biega for 8th D).

 

Lotsa trade options if anyone wants our shrinking violets.

 

 

You pretty much nailed it there.  

 

Granlund is such a floater that has skills to pot in 10-15 goals in his prime.  Pass for me 

Goldy could really try and look at his linemate tonight, Motte, for some inspiration on forechecking.  Motte is always moving so much faster then Goldy in pursuit of the puck and it's so evident when they're on the same line like parts of tonight.  

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Lol oh man.  Can you please make sure we have NHL caliber goalie from now on? Sorry kid, not your fault, but you're not there yet. 

During intermission there was a discussion about that.  About picking up an AHL goalie that is "good enough" -- a couple of names came up.  With Demko out, and Bachman was awful before... and Nilsson traded... imagine if Markstrom is out 2 weeks?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaimito said:

over 100 pages.  Only positive on this thread. 

Like a huge dump, you are just glad when its done. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Can you take the bottle back for deposit? It matters to me before I thumbs up this move!

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Dipietro looks midget like out there hes just taller than the crossbar :picard: i can see how the new nhl goalies are at least 6’2 now to be affective 

 

i see a bag skate in the canucks future 

I noticed the same with DiPietro.  Not a problem in Junior... here.. well...

Markstrom gets hit with pucks that could (and in this case, did) go in on a smaller goalie.  I just don't see him becoming any kind of starting goalie.  As a back up?  I don't know... might be good there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MacEwen will be a beauty,.  Hope he gets at least 10 games and some chump change in his duffle..  maybe more.

Tough way for MD to start his first NHL game,.  As a Junior in an emergency call up situation to the NHL..  Mikey looks very promising,. Has Markstroms old tendencies of being to aggressive on the shot or play..   Stay between the pipes and in the paint, less movement, more saves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gameburn said:

I noticed the same with DiPietro.  Not a problem in Junior... here.. well...

 Markstrom gets hit with pucks that could (and in this case, did) go in on a smaller goalie.  I just don't see him becoming any kind of starting goalie.  As a back up?  I don't know... might be good there.

  

You can't judge the kid on a single game in the NHL when he was thrown the the wolves like that.  He's got some things to work on and we'll see how he comes along.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RogersTowell said:

You can't judge the kid on a single game in the NHL when he was thrown the the wolves like that.  He's got some things to work on and we'll see how he comes along.

I hope you're right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Hope Green keep MacEwen in for the next one. 

Showed some decent hands and reasonable speed + plus has the size we need 

I went to the game tonight and he was our best player besides EP. It's only been 1 game but that was one of the more impressive debuts in recent memory IMO. Gaudette and Burrows are 2 comparibles and he blew both of their debuts out the water. I think we have a player here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stawns said:

Really?  I think they played pretty well after the first 12 mins.

I don't think you watched the game, it was awful. Not only did they hang DiPietro out to dry, they had zero emotional response yet again Guddy takes the

night off. Kane running around smacking stetcher in the head. Zero retaliation from anyone but Motte. Motte was the star of Canucks tonight. Motte. Let that sink in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sad to see how outplayed they were. I wonder if marky would ave made a difference? cant blame dipietro though, not an easy game to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I don't think you watched the game, it was awful. Not only did they hang DiPietro out to dry, they had zero emotional response yet again Guddy takes the

night off. Kane running around smacking stetcher in the head. Zero retaliation from anyone but Motte. Motte was the star of Canucks tonight. Motte. Let that sink in.

So how did the Canucks outshoot one of the best teams being n the league then?  After the first period, the Sharks only got 14 shots.......that's not so bad against a high powered offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stawns said:

So how did the Canucks outshoot one of the best teams being n the league then?  After the first period, the Sharks only got 14 shots.......that's not so bad against a high powered offense.

Not so sure the sharks would be as concerned about offence after pumping the Canucks early.  Probably equally concerned with being tidy in all areas of the ice prepping for the playoff.

 

i wouldn’t put much stock in shots stats for this game.  And anyway if I recall the first few “shots” by the Canucks were drifters from near the neutral zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Not so sure the sharks would be as concerned about offence after pumping the Canucks early.  Probably equally concerned with being tidy in all areas of the ice prepping for the playoff.

  

i wouldn’t put much stock in shots stats for this game.  And anyway if I recall the first few “shots” by the Canucks were drifters from near the neutral zone.

contenders don't take their foot off the gas, that's what makes them contenders.  I'm not excusing a 7-2 loss, not am I excusing the first 10 mins, but the Canucks played pretty well after that and it wasn't because the Sharks felt bad for them, it was because they recognized what they did to Mikey in that first 12 mins and took it to heart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.