The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I really don’t understand why Green refuses to put Virtanen with Bo and Leivo and Granny with Mr Foundational. Granny plays so well with Sutter. Jake’s offense dries up on that line. Is Green anti-chemistry?

Jake scores on LW

Sharks were 60% in the faceoff circle last game

They gotta watch out for Hertl/Kane/LeBlanc(hat trick last game)

Could really use Mac's big body in this one.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Jake scores on LW

Sharks were 60% in the faceoff circle last game

They gotta watch out for Hertl/Kane/LeBlanc(hat trick last game)

Could really use Mac's big body in this one.

In regards to my question, Green doesn't put Jake with Bo and Leivo cause he doesn't want Jake to score?

8 hours ago, cory40 said:

Canucks win if they do two things

(1) clear the zone with quicker plays. or send it back to the defense rather than dilly dally at the blue line.

(2) quit the stupid 2-5ft passes on the power play with-out looking.

Those two things almost cost the Canucks against the Flames.

I see these 2 concerns addressed by 1) CARRY the puck out of the zone and don't treat it like a hot potato and try to blindly shoot it out. Usually turned out                                                                   to be giveaways last game.

2) The PP is far too predictable. The opponents are getting to the spots before our guy does. Why? Because we do                                                                      the SAME THING EVERY TIME!

8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I really don’t understand why Green refuses to put Virtanen with Bo and Leivo and Granny with Mr Foundational. Granny plays so well with Sutter. Jake’s offense dries up on that line. Is Green anti-chemistry?

Well I hope they actually let Zack play.  Goldobin can take a seat and I would like to see Zack on Bo's wing with Roussel on the other.  I would also like to see Brisebois get a chance.  He can't be much worse than Pouliot is currently. I will be at the game tonight so I would like to see both get an opportunity.    

Leivo - Pete - Boeser

Roussel - Bo - Zack

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Eriksson

Tanev - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Brisebois - Biega

Markstrom - if the Canucks are down by more than 2 goals after the 2nd period put Dipietro in for the 3rd period.

19 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I WILL BE AT THIS GAME!!!

If you see a fellow with a friendly looking face wearing this brand new jersey in section 103, row 23, give me a high five!!

I’ll be there tonight too! That’s awesome that you get to go when it’s been such a long time. I get out quite often (helps living a few blocks away...) but still have a blast every time. 

Ill be centre ice row 11 but will check in on those updates you promised. ;)

Have a great time and enjoy the game!!

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Botchford wrote in his Athletties that Green feels that Sutter needs speed on his wings. 

1 minute ago, mll said:
9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Botchford wrote in his Athletties that Green feels that Sutter needs speed on his wings.

Jake is the primary scoring threat on that line keeping the opposing defence somewhat honest, teams need 3 scoring lines, right now the Canucks have like 1 1/2 lines.

Archived