The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

17 hours ago, Jaku said:

WHY

Because Granlund is the next best thing to Vey? No, that's unfair.

It is hard to imagine Granlund contributing much to a first line with Horvat on it.  Leivo is still unproven, albeit, he is looking great, but Granlund?  Rewarding a guy who has really struggled for weeks now with 1st/2nd line opportunities?  I have a weird feeling that Green/mgt is so happy to have a stable 3rd line with Sutter, Virtanen and Roussel, that they will therefore do a work around for Horvat and the first line.  Strange.  On the other hand, if the 3rd line continues to play like a Kopitar type 1st line... maybe it will be okay?  Strange times. 

Stecher on the PP seems so obvious to me. He can hold the line better than anyone on the team, and his passing is solid. That’s literally all we need...

Not only that, but Quinn Hughes will provide the same things when he’s here, just with more pace and overall creativity. It’s practice for when Hughes arrives.

Stecher was a PP beast in college, he’s an underrated passer. Leave him there with the big boys.

7 minutes ago, nergish said:

Stecher on the PP seems so obvious to me. He can hold the line better than anyone on the team, and his passing is solid. That’s literally all we need...

Not only that, but Quinn Hughes will provide the same things when he’s here, just with more pace and overall creativity. It’s practice for when Hughes arrives.

Stecher was a PP beast in college, he’s an underrated passer. Leave him there with the big boys.

I agree but Hutton has been solid too imo. They both should be running 1 and 2 units 

no more Pouliot please 

also Hughes will Tee up both Boeser and Petey with Beauty sauce passes. He’ll suck guys in and dish soft passes for them to blast them with more time / space 

10 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I really don’t understand why Green refuses to put Virtanen with Bo and Leivo and Granny with Mr Foundational. Granny plays so well with Sutter. Jake’s offense dries up on that line. Is Green anti-chemistry?

What they should do is Bench JV and put Mac in his place and see, he was pretty bad the past few games.

JV Brings down skilled players offensive output with his horrible bobbling of the puck, he actually made EP worse offensively when he played with him, that was a statistical analysis done by Yost on TSN.

Wonder if the MacEwen puts some pressure on Jake to bring a more robust style of game.  

Mac is doing everything in the AHL I think people had envisioned Jake would have been doing here.   

Im not suggesting Mac takes Jake Virtanens spot in the lineup in favour of other players but I do see this as something to internally motivate Jake to bring his best every night.

3 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

What they should do is Bench JV and put Mac in his place and see, he was pretty bad the past few games.

JV Brings down skilled players offensive output with his horrible bobbling of the puck, he actually made EP worse offensively when he played with him, that was a statistical analysis done by Yost on TSN.

So much hate on Virtanen, he doesn’t get put in positions to succeed. Green isn’t really a guy to give his players confidence. Why is Granlund getting top line minutes. Why isn’t Virtanen playing with Bo. I don’t get greens juggling of lines. 

10 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Well that changes everything. If Yost said it, it has to be right.....

Archived