shayster007

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mll said:

It was Green's reasoning.

maybe. I don't believe a word Botchford says. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

This is my annual Canucks game! Stoked for the game but not the drive in from Langley. GCG!

Drive carefully!! It's crazy out there.  And more forecasted for tonight.

Edited by Viper007
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jaku said:

WHY

Because Granlund is the next best thing to Vey? No, that's unfair.

It is hard to imagine Granlund contributing much to a first line with Horvat on it.  Leivo is still unproven, albeit, he is looking great, but Granlund?  Rewarding a guy who has really struggled for weeks now with 1st/2nd line opportunities?  I have a weird feeling that Green/mgt is so happy to have a stable 3rd line with Sutter, Virtanen and Roussel, that they will therefore do a work around for Horvat and the first line.  Strange.  On the other hand, if the 3rd line continues to play like a Kopitar type 1st line... maybe it will be okay?  Strange times. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Just getting a quote on this setup.  In stock at Canadian tire.

 

ill come pick you up and we’ll go for a rip.

I don't know if it'll fit both of us, riff. I'll give it a go though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love if we chanted we want Karlsson at the game tonight or something along these lines.

 

Show him what it would be like being a Canuck 

 

:)

  • Hydration 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stecher on the PP seems so obvious to me. He can hold the line better than anyone on the team, and his passing is solid. That’s literally all we need...

Not only that, but Quinn Hughes will provide the same things when he’s here, just with more pace and overall creativity. It’s practice for when Hughes arrives.

 

Stecher was a PP beast in college, he’s an underrated passer. Leave him there with the big boys.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nergish said:

Stecher on the PP seems so obvious to me. He can hold the line better than anyone on the team, and his passing is solid. That’s literally all we need...

Not only that, but Quinn Hughes will provide the same things when he’s here, just with more pace and overall creativity. It’s practice for when Hughes arrives.

 

Stecher was a PP beast in college, he’s an underrated passer. Leave him there with the big boys.

I agree but Hutton has been solid too imo. They both should be running 1 and 2 units 

 

no more Pouliot please 

 

also Hughes will Tee up both Boeser and Petey with Beauty sauce passes. He’ll suck guys in and dish soft passes for them to blast them with more time / space 

Edited by R3aL
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I would love if we chanted we want Karlsson at the game tonight or something along these lines.

 

Show him what it would be like being a Canuck 

 

:)

No thanks. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't know if it'll fit both of us, riff. I'll give it a go though.

Tow me from behind

I just got new skis

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shift-4 said:

Tow me from behind

I just got new skis

You'd probably outpace the vehicle. Maybe you should be in front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I really don’t understand why Green refuses to put Virtanen with Bo and Leivo and Granny with Mr Foundational. Granny plays so well with Sutter. Jake’s offense dries up on that line. Is Green anti-chemistry?

What they should do is Bench JV and put Mac in his place and see, he was pretty bad the past few games.

 JV Brings down skilled players offensive output with his horrible bobbling of the puck, he actually made EP worse offensively when he played with him, that was a statistical analysis done by Yost on TSN.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if the MacEwen puts some pressure on Jake to bring a more robust style of game.  

 

Mac is doing everything in the AHL I think people had envisioned Jake would have been doing here.   

 

Im not suggesting Mac takes Jake Virtanens spot in the lineup in favour of other players but I do see this as something to internally motivate Jake to bring his best every night.

 

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

What they should do is Bench JV and put Mac in his place and see, he was pretty bad the past few games.

 JV Brings down skilled players offensive output with his horrible bobbling of the puck, he actually made EP worse offensively when he played with him, that was a statistical analysis done by Yost on TSN.

So much hate on Virtanen, he doesn’t get put in positions to succeed. Green isn’t really a guy to give his players confidence. Why is Granlund getting top line minutes. Why isn’t Virtanen playing with Bo. I don’t get greens juggling of lines. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.