The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

6 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Delusional?? The kids been in the league for 4 years, you'd think by now he'd figure things out.. 

Yeah that's exactly what he's doing if you havent noticed. Improved his fitness, decision making, and point production. Definetly hasn't reached his ceiling yet so we'll see how much better he gets. The next 5 years will be his peak years.

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

Interesting comment 'as well' - not a strong endorsement of Poulliot that's for sure!

Comforting to see that Green sees what so many others do.  Pouliot does not have an NHL game.  Not sure he ever will but he should be in the AHL trying to figure it out. 

12 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Too bad I gotta work tonight so I can't watch his debut. I hope Macewan plays on a scoring line and finds chemistry early and often. I've been waiting for his call up for what feels like forever. Hope he energizes the boys. 

Also I hope Marky plays lights out again! 

Do we see DiPietro before he's sent to juniors? 

With the playoff race being what it is, Markstrom's play and Green not being afraid to play Markstrom in back to back games, I'd be surprised if DiPietro actually plays while he's here. 

36 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

So much hate on Virtanen, he doesn’t get put in positions to succeed. Green isn’t really a guy to give his players confidence. Why is Granlund getting top line minutes. Why isn’t Virtanen playing with Bo. I don’t get greens juggling of lines. 

Granlund played 8minutes last game and is no longer on the PP or the PK.  Granlund is not in a great spot right now.  

The Sharks have Timo Meier.  He too had a rough start and was their "should have drafted player X".  Rantanen was taken 10th in 2015 and Meier 9th.  In Halifax he played with Ehlers so many had him as the product of Ehlers.

Meier initially didn't play much of a powerforward game.  DeBoer talked about how his offence was inefficient at this level - storm down the ice and a quick shot on net. Good Corsi but no kind of offensive pressure and too often an easy save.  

DeBoer made him earn his way from the bottom of the lineup with no PP time.  He thinks Meier would have never developed into the player he is today if he had made it easy on him.  He now has 48pts in 53 games and looks like a budding powerforward.

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He is figuring things out. like you said, a “kid”..  

Whats with everyone expecting every draft pick to be a McDavid, Mathews, or Peterssen  being blown out of an ass and onto the ice?

Development still happens.

Virtanen has also learnt a lot of the game this year and made huge strides and doesnt seem out of position etc very often anymore. Just doesnt score on chances like the last game and some people loose faith in a instant...

16 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Any word on who he is slotting in for?

Green wouldn’t let the media know during his afternoon presser.  I’m saying it’s got to be Granny.  We need Jake’s size, and speed.  And Goldy has elite skill we need in our top six and PP.  

Didn’t expect MacEwen to be in the lineup this early. Super pumped!

thinking Granlund is the odd man out here. Just hasn’t been good enough and isn’t getting minutes as well.

31 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Delusional?? The kids been in the league for 4 years, you'd think by now he'd figure things out.. 

And he’s progressing. He’s doing a whole lot more this year then he was his previous years. He’s playing on both sides of the puck. He’s having a career year as far as goals and points go, sure he’s slowed down but he’s still impacting games. 

Not everyone is going to come storming out of the gates. All you can ask for is progression each game and each year. 

Archived