The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

So excited to see this MacEwen kid play. Everyone seems to be high on him. We’ll see how he does. I don’t know much about him so I’m trusting your guys’ word.

And it’s snowing AGAIN in Victoria.

i just barely made to work. Hopefully the roads aren’t a nightmare on the way home. Careful out there everyone

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Betting that Granlund is the odd man out. Karlsson won't be playing tonight. 

Source? I googled it and didn't see that. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad. I choose those game so I could see Erik play, but the nucks have a better chance of winning with him out.

Edit nevermind found it directly above this post...

2 hours ago, gameburn said:

Because Granlund is the next best thing to Vey? No, that's unfair.

It is hard to imagine Granlund contributing much to a first line with Horvat on it.  Leivo is still unproven, albeit, he is looking great, but Granlund?  Rewarding a guy who has really struggled for weeks now with 1st/2nd line opportunities?  I have a weird feeling that Green/mgt is so happy to have a stable 3rd line with Sutter, Virtanen and Roussel, that they will therefore do a work around for Horvat and the first line.  Strange.  On the other hand, if the 3rd line continues to play like a Kopitar type 1st line... maybe it will be okay?  Strange times. 

Maybe they're trying to showcase Granny, in hopes of the hockey JB keeps mentioning. I'd be just fine with that.

2 hours ago, nergish said:

Stecher on the PP seems so obvious to me. He can hold the line better than anyone on the team, and his passing is solid. That’s literally all we need...

Not only that, but Quinn Hughes will provide the same things when he’s here, just with more pace and overall creativity. It’s practice for when Hughes arrives.

Stecher was a PP beast in college, he’s an underrated passer. Leave him there with the big boys.

Brilliant.

43 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

So excited to see this MacEwen kid play. Everyone seems to be high on him. We’ll see how he does. I don’t know much about him so I’m trusting your guys’ word.

And it’s snowing AGAIN in Victoria.

i just barely made to work. Hopefully the roads aren’t a nightmare on the way home. Careful out there everyone

Me too re barely made it.

I'm going to leave early today because Richmond drivers are the worst on the best of days...snow is a bit of an adventure park.  I also can say I'm ticked off at the City worker who thought it would be a good idea to sit RIGHT outside my window at 4:30 am, truck idling, lights going as he sat on his cell.  At first, thought maybe he had an issue but no...just was killing time (probably making a fortune too) until a bus and then another city truck pulled up to ask if he needed help.  At which point he bellowed out his window and then moved on. 

I've only seen MacEwen when he was playing in the prospects game but really liked how much he seemed to love the game.  His size too - 6'4"/210+ is always a welcome addition in my books.  The physical edge is an asset and I think he'll bring a bit of that.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes!! Let's go Mac...Zack-Mac..MacEwen....(what do we call this kid?) Let's see that physicality and energy you promised!

This will be great competition to push Jake. Might also give him, Guddy, and Rous a bit more room to maneuver too! 

Now I'm really excited about those centre ice seats -- Go nucks!

2 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Yes!! Let's go Mac...Zack-Mac..MacEwen....(what do we call this kid?) Let's see that physicality and energy you promised!

This will be great competition to push Jake. Might also give him, Guddy, and Rous a bit more room to maneuver too! 

Now I'm really excited about those centre ice seats -- Go nucks!

compliment, yes, but it's Goldy who will feel the heat of Mac, not jake.

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too re barely made it.

I'm going to leave early today because Richmond drivers are the worst on the best of days...snow is a bit of an adventurepark on our roads.  I also can say I'm ticked off at the City worker who thought it would be a good idea to sit RIGHT outside my window at 4:30 am, truck idling, lights going as he sat on his cell.  At first, thought maybe he had an issue but no...just was killing time (probably making a fortune too) until a bus and then another city truck pulled up to ask if he needed help.  At which point he bellowed out his window and then moved on. 

I've only seen MacEwen when he was playing in the prospects game but really liked how much he seemed to love the game.  His size too - 6'4"/210+ is always a welcome addition in my books.  The physical edge is an asset and I think he'll bring a bit of that.

Something about Richmond eh? Strange.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see Granny as the odd guy out.  Big Mac will play bottom six, no?  

Bottom six, top six... these classifications are getting less suitable for this team all the time.  Virtanen, Roussel and Sutter are what our second line used to be, or was at one point, lol.   Feels more like the Canucks are becoming a team with scoring on 3 lines, with the most scoring on any line that that happens to have EP40.  

But, I think you are right about Granlund: he has to be under pressure from the likes of Big Mac, and even Gaunce, who looked better than Granlund last time he was up.  Players like Lind and Gadjovich -- if and when they get a look with the big team -- will put even more pressure on Granlund because they offer either real scoring prowess (Lind) or a real edge (Gadje.)   

You know what else?  The key players on the Canucks (minus Edler) are all younger, which means that when Green really starts playing the top 12 players a lot more coming down the stretch... a guy like Granlund will be scratched or cut to next to no TOI.  So, may as well look at Mac and others, maybe even keep him up. 

Archived